Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2015, 07:25 PM   #1

Americamp RV Resort in VA

We're slowly moving up the coast on our return trip from Florida to NH. Tonight we are at the Americamp RV Resort near Richmond VA. From the minute we pulled in I knew I really liked this park. The internet is better than most of the places we have stayed at during this trip. We had 70 cable TV channels. The staff was extremely friendly even though they seemed really busy. Tonight they had a get together for everyone. They had funnel cakes (YUM!), donuts, and coffee. It was a small, friendly group made of of a mixture of monthly and just passing through campers. Tomorrow morning they have a waffle breakfast. We are sitting out the bad weather for a few days before continuing our trip home. With all of that good food, I plan to use their fitness room tomorrow. I checked it out earlier and it is really well equipped. Last night we were at a park in North Carolina and while it was OK for a one night stay, I'm glad we came here for our longer stop. Safe travels everyone.
mrebele is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2015, 08:24 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
Thanks for review. We live in Virginia and new to RVing. Sounds like a place CG we should try!
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Russtj60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:21 PM   #3

Stayed a night last month. Pulled in when snowing and asked if they sold bread. One of the workers offered to pick us up whatever we needed at the local store which he did and brought it right to our site. Great place, real friendly staff. Will stay again if in the area.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:22 AM   #4

Have stayed there several times when visiting Williamsburg. Best CG in the area IMHO.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:26 AM   #5

With over 100 " or more of snow in NH, I hope you are moving slowly back, maybe June....
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:04 PM   #6

movin-on: June would be great but unfortunately, we have to get back home sooner. We did extend out stay for 3 more days to sit out the bad weather. We'll be leaving on Friday. One more nice thing we discovered about this park is that Bass Pro Shops is nearby. It's a great place to spend some time on a cold day.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:54 AM   #7

I hear you....We go back to a campground in Hampton Falls for 5 months to be close to our grandaughter...I keep looking at the Hampton Beach webcam to see how much snow is still there...If you don't mind me asking, where is your campground...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:56 AM   #8

I've passed Americamp many times going north or south. You can see it from I-95. I've always wondered if there's much hiway noise. Also I heard they have a pretty good fitness center. Is that true?
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:17 AM   #9

Hi Ramets. There is highway noise but it's like a steady background noise and hasn't been an issue with us. Because it's cold out, we haven't been sitting outside and that might make a difference. The fitness room is really nice. I'm not an expert on all of the machines but they seem to have plenty of options. It's nice to have that option on cold days.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrebele View Post
Hi Ramets. There is highway noise but it's like a steady background noise and hasn't been an issue with us. Because it's cold out, we haven't been sitting outside and that might make a difference. The fitness room is really nice. I'm not an expert on all of the machines but they seem to have plenty of options. It's nice to have that option on cold days.
Thanks. We just made reservations for the month of May. Have to burn up some time before our grandaughter' wedding. Anytime I spend a month or more I like a fitness center.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:58 AM   #11

If you get a chance, go to Green Top Hunting and Fishing as well...if you like Bass Pro, you will love this place!
Old 03-05-2015, 02:59 PM   #12

rjf7g: I saw that and wondered about it. We'll have to save it for next year. Lot's of freezing rain and some snow due later so we're hunkered down for tonight and we leave tomorrow to head home. We don't want to be out on the road today.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:48 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
Be careful tomorrow>.. weather is still supposed to bad. Roads probably won't be fully cleared ...
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Russtj60 is offline   Reply With Quote