Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #1

Anyone going to Savanna for St Patty's Day

Heading north from Key West the 15th to Savanna for Saint Pattys' Day anyone else going?
henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #2

I wish! That ones a blast.
markandkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by henderson
Heading north from Key West the 15th to Savanna for Saint Pattys' Day anyone else going?
We leave on the 15 to stay in savannah for st. Patricks day weekend. Everything was booked so we are staying at koa south 17.
Rsanchez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsanchez24

We leave on the 15 to stay in savannah for st. Patricks day weekend. Everything was booked so we are staying at koa south 17.
You will not be disappointed with the Koa. We lived in Richmond Hill for 5 years which is the town koa is in. Not really far from Savannah. If you want a really pretty drive take Abercon to Victory Drive. Ao much to do and see there. My daughter bought our house, so we go back twice a year and always go to Savannh. Loads of unique shops on Broughton Street. wonderful tea room with great lucnches. I could go on forever. Have a great time
roaming nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #5

Red Gate

This is really nice privately owned campground close in to Savannah, proberly booked by now, but nice. I lived in Savannah most of my life and still have family there..we usually stay at Skidaway State Park..but have often wanted to stay at Red Gate...our next trip we will stay there..Be sure and visit the Chrystal Beer Parlor, best Shrimp Salad Sandwhich in town...also Hillards BBQ.....all over town..
enjoy...
LKicklight
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsanchez24

We are at Koa south also. Site 33. With the green outside kitchen. 35 j Winnebago
Old 03-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Stop by and say hello. Site 33 up front. All lit up.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:08 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This year Savannah will be in full bloom. The azealias are gorgeous. I have lived here the majority of my life and am proud to call Savannah my home. We actually live in Richmond Hill, tomato-tomato. Check out Fiddlers on River Street, Look for the tall guy tending bar, he belongs to me. Great seafood southern style. Welcome to Savannah, hope you have a memorable visit and do come back.
Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband
new2RVn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
In about 2-3 years perhaps. not this year.. My daughter lives in Darien, about 3 miles from Exit 49 on the freeway. (just follow the Old Fort King George signs and you will be downright close) but though I was there this fall, I can't go back till I get more of $omething I $eem to be $hort on mo$t of the time nowday$. You can gue$$ what that i$.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #10

Savannah

Having lived in Savannah most of my life, along with having some relatives that live in Richmond Hill, we may need to get together on our next visit..
LKicklight@aol.com
The Kicklight has two more letters to make my whole name..
Drop me a line..
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2RVn View Post
This year Savannah will be in full bloom. The azealias are gorgeous. I have lived here the majority of my life and am proud to call Savannah my home. We actually live in Richmond Hill, tomato-tomato. Check out Fiddlers on River Street, Look for the tall guy tending bar, he belongs to me. Great seafood southern style. Welcome to Savannah, hope you have a memorable visit and do come back.
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #11

All I can say is the parade was fantastic! Savannah is one nice city. Going to try to get some friends to go next year.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
All I can say is the parade was fantastic! Savannah is one nice city. Going to try to get some friends to go next year.
We had a blast also. This was green outfit.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:39 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Helps if I attach the pic. Oops

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2823496512.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	468.4 KB
ID:	18970
Old 03-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsanchez24 View Post
Helps if I attach the pic. Oops

Attachment 18970
Is that you? My wife had me take a picture standing next to a young man in a speedo and tights with the rest of his body painted. Some strange sights in town yesterday.