Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2022, 03:26 PM   #1

Arizona Golf and RV Feb 23

We have a group ( 4 RVs ) that would like recommendations for a location next February 2023 for mostly golf, but other things to do is a bonus.

We just finished our third year at Lajitas, Tx. Love it but looking for something different. Prefer a nice 18 golf course, good weather also.

Thx
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2022, 04:28 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
The Verde Valley area has two 18 hole courses near each other: Oak Creek CC and Sedona Golf Resort both in the Village of Oak Creek. There are a few good campgrounds in Camp Verde that are roughly 20-25 minutes from these courses. Tee times tend to be later in the morning in February (Oak Creek CC is currently 11am). It is generally sunny and in the 60s this time of year but you can expect to see it anywhere between 50 to 70 degrees mid to late February (want it warmer then head down to the crowds in the big valley). Spectacular hiking trails if thats on your agenda too. If you are not traveling with your own Jeep, UTV or ATV then there are plenty of places to rent one and go off roading.
RichdlP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 04:36 PM   #3

We love the desert in the greater Tucson area, and prefer this area over Phoenix. That said, we go to both. I’ve golfed at many golf courses in this area over the 20+ years that we been stayed/camped there. We are home based in SoCal, also a golf Mecca.

Of all of these Tucson area golf courses, one (actually two) stand out in my mind…and it has been a decade since I’ve played these. Both are at the Loews Ventana Resort. They are the Desert Course and the Mountain Course. I’ve golfed both. Of these two, the Mountain Course is my favorite.

When I last golfed there, the course management only released one course each day, alternating between courses. On the off day, the grounds crew does their magic. On the “on day” the released course is pristine.

https://www.loewshotels.com/ventana-...lf-tennis/golf

Another course, that is quite unique, is “Quarry Pines”. It was built over an old Quarry. Postage Stamp elevated greens across the canyon from an elevated tee box with nothing but trouble in between. Ball flights above the quarry rim are subject to prevailing winds, that are non existent at canyon floor. Really unique and entertaining.

https://www.playthepines.com/

There are so many good choices for golf throughout AZ. You really can’t go wrong. Some of them have hosted PGA and LPGA events. Enjoy!!
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 07:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichdlP View Post
The Verde Valley area has two 18 hole courses near each other: Oak Creek CC and Sedona Golf Resort both in the Village of Oak Creek. There are a few good campgrounds in Camp Verde that are roughly 20-25 minutes from these courses. Tee times tend to be later in the morning in February (Oak Creek CC is currently 11am). It is generally sunny and in the 60s this time of year but you can expect to see it anywhere between 50 to 70 degrees mid to late February (want it warmer then head down to the crowds in the big valley). Spectacular hiking trails if thats on your agenda too. If you are not traveling with your own Jeep, UTV or ATV then there are plenty of places to rent one and go off roading.
Thank you !
Old 02-12-2022, 07:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavingABlast View Post
We love the desert in the greater Tucson area, and prefer this area over Phoenix. That said, we go to both. I’ve golfed at many golf courses in this area over the 20+ years that we been stayed/camped there. We are home based in SoCal, also a golf Mecca.

Of all of these Tucson area golf courses, one (actually two) stand out in my mind…and it has been a decade since I’ve played these. Both are at the Loews Ventana Resort. They are the Desert Course and the Mountain Course. I’ve golfed both. Of these two, the Mountain Course is my favorite.

When I last golfed there, the course management only released one course each day, alternating between courses. On the off day, the grounds crew does their magic. On the “on day” the released course is pristine.

https://www.loewshotels.com/ventana-...lf-tennis/golf

Another course, that is quite unique, is “Quarry Pines”. It was built over an old Quarry. Postage Stamp elevated greens across the canyon from an elevated tee box with nothing but trouble in between. Ball flights above the quarry rim are subject to prevailing winds, that are non existent at canyon floor. Really unique and entertaining.

https://www.playthepines.com/

There are so many good choices for golf throughout AZ. You really can’t go wrong. Some of them have hosted PGA and LPGA events. Enjoy!!
Thanks for this info !
Old 02-12-2022, 07:09 AM   #6

The Phoenix Open is being played this weekend in Scottsdale. So you would be one week after the Open.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arizona