Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2021, 01:44 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKent View Post
AZ has . . . no seafood.
Ha! Naples and Bonita Springs seafood restaurants last year - both proudly proclaiming "fresh - flown in daily!"

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2021, 03:38 PM   #86
BJH

Tiffin Owners Club
Az or Fl

Tried Westside of Fl and RockportTx several years ag then found Az, been snowbirding ever since in Casa Grande.Az @ a resort FULL of amenities (not cheap but). Town of 40k halfway between Phoenix and Tucson. Still visit Q yearly ó suggest you take a month and visit Benson, West to Tucson and Yuma, then W, and then North country but the Valley is our fav with dry 80ís. Now spend 6 mos. loads of Phoenix area parks but 7m people & traffic too many for us!
BJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 04:42 PM   #87

If planning to do anything in Phoenix don't stay in Casa Grande. It's just too far of a drive to include a day of fun. We stayed in the greater Phoenix area's Maricopa County parks & Lost Dutchman State Park. All are in beautiful surroundings and have big, spacious sites. We also think Phoenix has the best big city transportation routes circling the city (101, 202, 303, 51, 60) so you can experience all parts of the city without much driving. We hate big cities but this one is so different for us.

Even though the desert nights can be cold in winter by 9am things warm up nicely and it's perfect for any form of exercise. The sunsets are awesome!

We also enjoy Tucson.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:33 AM   #88

Newmar Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Fake news
Mvkingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:02 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvkingfish View Post
Fake news
What's fake?
Old 09-14-2021, 12:19 PM   #90

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKent View Post
AZ has no seafood. Otherwise about the same. . LOL
Spent a winter in Ajo, AZ.. A young man brings fresh frozen seafood from Puerto Penasco across the border every week...
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 12:15 AM   #91

We live in northern Arizona and like a break from the cold. We like lake Havasu, yuma, Sierra Vista, Parker, Quartzsite, and Tucson. Spend a couple weeks in each area to decide.
MingusPirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 07:21 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
Maybe a dumb question, but (asking as a Minnesotan who has helped harvest sugar beets) what about the sugar beet harvest appeals to you?
I got a job as a truck driver for a family farm. There's no way I could physically do the piler jog.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:33 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick 8200 View Post
I got a job as a truck driver for a family farm. There's no way I could physically do the piler jog.
Ah, makes sense then. I remember the mud, the equipment breakdowns, and the twenty-hour days, and wondered who would go just to see it.

Old 09-15-2021, 11:33 AM   #94

Newmar Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassy View Post
In all the states we have been in, az ijas been the least friendly. .. and we were constantly being hit up for money..

We quite like the rgv of tx.. warm, friendly and lots to do. Until mid feb when it gets to hot and we head north..
You sure you were in AZ? Maybe itís just you.
Mvkingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:10 AM   #95
WVI

We'd like to try boondocking the Southern Arizona, but I'm trying to determine where the leaste amount of ATV riding areas would be to cut down on the dust..I had the Valley Fever once in Phoenix years ago..It sucked.
WVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:11 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVI View Post
We'd like to try boondocking the Southern Arizona, but I'm trying to determine where the leaste amount of ATV riding areas would be to cut down on the dust . . .
After a first dusty week in Quartzsite last year, I checked the prevailing winds and found a secluded spot down in the SE corner of the La Posa South area. No dust at all. Lots of ATV's downwind of me, but their dust blew the other way. The wind was very regular in direction. Had to vacuum 2-3 times per day before I moved. Maybe once every few days after.

Old 09-16-2021, 11:54 AM   #97
WVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
After a first dusty week in Quartzsite last year, I checked the prevailing winds and found a secluded spot down in the SE corner of the La Posa South area. No dust at all. Lots of ATV's downwind of me, but their dust blew the other way. The wind was very regular in direction. Had to vacuum 2-3 times per day before I moved. Maybe once every few days after.

That's great to know Bobby.
Thanks
WVI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arizona, florida, winter