Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2022, 09:23 PM   #1

Arlington/ Medford Massachusetts area

Need to be in the area for a wedding. Any suggestions on RV parks or campgrounds. Would Havest Hosts or Boondockers Welcome have any options that you are aware of in this general area? Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2022, 09:47 PM   #2

Normandy Farms

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW22r View Post
Need to be in the area for a wedding. Any suggestions on RV parks or campgrounds. Would Havest Hosts or Boondockers Welcome have any options that you are aware of in this general area? Thanks.
There really are no RV resorts on the north side of Boston. Near Gillette Stadium more south of Boston is Normandy Farms which is just fantastic loaded with amenities and consistently rated one of the top 10 Luxury Family RV Resorts in North America.

The others nearby are certainly nice but are more RV Park / Campground versus RV Resort.

https://www.normandyfarms.com/
rlc1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 04:01 AM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
Good luck finding an open site at Normandy Farms. Unless mid-week, weekends are usually booked out a year in advance
JaytheDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 05:34 AM   #4

I second Normandy but you won’t get a weekend spot at this point. The next closest campground would be my driveway. Southern NH is too far, you have a State Park in Weymouth, MA which is a good place with electric/water/ dump station and always available. The name escapes me, but I stayed there last year.
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 07:00 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpozzuoli View Post
I second Normandy but you won’t get a weekend spot at this point. The next closest campground would be my driveway. Southern NH is too far, you have a State Park in Weymouth, MA which is a good place with electric/water/ dump station and always available. The name escapes me, but I stayed there last year.
Actually, I think the SP you are speaking of is in Hingham (borders Weymouth). SP name is Wompatuck SP. 50A electric only sites with central water spigots and a dump station. We've camped there on multiple locations. (I lived in Hingham for a few years when I was a teenager.). Not all sites will fit you, but we have a 36' Class A and have been able to find a site for each stay. Park is a 10-15 minute drive to Rt. 3 to take you North to the Boston metro area. But make reservations now.
Another possibility is Minuteman Park in Littleton, MA. We've also stayed there, but it's a tough reservation. But we really like this park. Good luck!
Mike8253 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:14 AM   #6

There is very, very little in eastern mass. In addition to what others have mentioned, you can try Canoe River campground in Mansfield. As others have said, weekends are full, but last year I was able to catch a cancellation.

For all the sites call, and keep calling periodically to try to catch a cancellation…

Tags
ford