Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2018, 10:15 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
Here's my point -- What would Donald Trump do? I'm not talking about the President, I'm talking about the guy who owns a golf course or 5.
Based on pre-presidential actions, I'd say that if he were the OP, he'd be threatening a lawsuit. If he were the CG owner, he'd deny it happened. Or maybe pay the OP off and then deny it happened.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2018, 11:30 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
Based on pre-presidential actions, I'd say that if he were the OP, he'd be threatening a lawsuit. If he were the CG owner, he'd deny it happened. Or maybe pay the OP off and then deny it happened.

Oh goody! Every camp ground thread needs someone to throw politics into the the discussion.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:43 PM   #31

You can take solace in the fact that the best lobster and ice cream are practically next door at Arnold's! Bring the pups some vanilla!
lkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 05:48 AM   #32

Alpine Owners Club
Folks, watch the national news, the tick explosion is not limited to Cape Cod or eastern MA, it is most of the eastern US. And to be fully transparent I do live on Cape Cod and have stayed at Atlantic Oaks (but not affiliated with it) it is among the best on Cape Cod. There is only one person responsible for your health, not your doctor, your lawyer or your Indian chief, ultimately it is YOU.

The other point, flea and tick collars or treatments, like Advantage II do not zap ticks the moment they get on a dog or cat, they take time to kill them, time that tick can crawl out of your pets fur and onto you or your furniture, bedding, etc so pay attention, check yourself, your pet and your significant other, it can be fun[emoji48][emoji48][emoji48]
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:04 AM   #33

Growing up turkey hunting every spring in South Ga, I have found there are only 2 ways to keep ticks off of you. The best way is to take a shot of vinegar every day. I learned this trick from a guy who cut Powerline right of ways all his life. He said he started it 20 yrs ago, and had not 1 tick on him since he started his routine. The 2nd way is Sawyers, spay it on your clothes and let it soak in. And, if your concerned about a dog, use a Seresto collar. Advantix is child’s play. I live on 35 acres that’s all woods, and my dogs have not had a tick or flea on them in 3 yrs since I started the Seresto collar.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0369.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	203779Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0370.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	203780
Shmelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:02 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
get seresto collars for your dogs. I haven't seen a tick on my dogs since we started using them 3 years ago.
There stupid expensive but well worth it.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:08 AM   #35

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
THat's the way it is on the cape????

YOu might call McCormick and McCormick attornies at law (South Orleanes) and ask them if that is the way it is on the cape. They have lived on the cape for over 30 years... Say high to Mrs. McCormick for me. She's my sister.. (NOT suggesting legal action but well... She is my sister. )
Old 05-25-2018, 06:42 AM   #36

Lawsuit is a good idea. Ticks have notoriously bad legal representation.
lkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:24 AM   #37

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
THat's the way it is on the cape????

YOu might call McCormick and McCormick attornies at law (South Orleanes) and ask them if that is the way it is on the cape. They have lived on the cape for over 30 years... Say high to Mrs. McCormick for me. She's my sister.. (NOT suggesting legal action but well... She is my sister. )

That’s the way it is east of the Mississippi this year!
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:41 PM   #38

Tiffin Owners Club
I have to post an opposing review. I’m at Atlantic Oaks now and find it to be a great campground and in a great location. While Cape Cod is known to have a tick problem, neither I nor my dog have had any ticks on us. I’ve hiked a lot, both around the campground and on nearby trails. I stay on the trails and have not had an issue. There are warning signs on many of the trails about ticks. This is a peaceful park in a fantastic location. Couldn’t ask for more!
mricet1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:01 PM   #39

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mricet1005 View Post
I have to post an opposing review. I’m at Atlantic Oaks now and find it to be a great campground and in a great location. While Cape Cod is known to have a tick problem, neither I nor my dog have had any ticks on us. I’ve hiked a lot, both around the campground and on nearby trails. I stay on the trails and have not had an issue. There are warning signs on many of the trails about ticks. This is a peaceful park in a fantastic location. Couldn’t ask for more!
Nice to hear another viewpoint --- unless ticks have affected your perceptions!

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:15 PM   #40

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Nice to hear another viewpoint --- unless ticks have affected your perceptions!

LOL. But they have not altered my perceptions. Can’t vouch for whether the bourbon and beer have had an effect though 🤪
mricet1005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground