Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2020, 02:58 PM   #1

Back to Michigan

Will be heading back to michigan on april 15th after 2 weeks in panama city beach.
Going to take I-65 all the way up to Indianapolis then US31 into Michigan.
Any suggestions on places to stop over for the nite along 65. We plan on taking 3 days.
DonB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2020, 03:18 PM   #2

Just about every town has a RV park or even a WalMart. Stop when you're tired.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:33 PM   #3

There’s two stops up 65 in Kentucky. Exit 53, 58
RWDJR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:51 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB2 View Post
Will be heading back to michigan on april 15th after 2 weeks in panama city beach.
Going to take I-65 all the way up to Indianapolis then US31 into Michigan.
Any suggestions on places to stop over for the nite along 65. We plan on taking 3 days.
You looking for campgrounds or just overnight in places like Cracker Barrel, etc...?
You could look at places around Cave City, Ky. Several places there, for example 1000 Trails park Diamond Caverns. Stopping around Nashville I would avoid and we are planning on avoiding any stop overs in Nashville. As we will be heading up that direction ourselves after April 19th. We will be coming from Picayune Miss after a rally stop for Heartland products.
Before we have stopped at a campground in South Montgomery, Ala. called "The Woods". Area around it seems to be a little rough, but the campground was okay. They had off duty sheriff deputies patrolling at night inside the park.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:07 PM   #5

Back to Mich

Singing Hills CG in Cave City Ky area. Very nice folks and accepted Passport America last time we stopped there. There is also a CG at Mammoth Cave in that area.We have not stayed there but did tour the cave,very neat.
Tooth Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 04:40 AM   #6

Hi, We need additional information to really assist you. I have traveled I-65 to Indiana from Florida. Total miles to destination? How many miles per day? 3 days divided into 1,000 miles would be 333 miles per day. There are several places you could stay overnight. One that comes to mind for me is Montgomery South RV Park just off I-65 outside Hope Hill, AL. Nice place with some very friendly owners. Another is Birmingham South RV Park in Pelham, AL. Also Texas T RV Park at Cornersville, TN. Bowling Green , KY KOA is decent. As mentioned, Cave Country RV Park in Cave city is nice. Many choices just depends on how far you want to go each day. Safe travels and enjoy the trip!
RoaminRichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 07:32 AM   #7

Don. Just made this same trip to SW Michigan last week in our Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22r. We drove over to Navarre and then straight up to I-65 to avoid Mobile. First night we stayed at the Walmart in Calera, Alabama. Have never stayed at a walmart before and we had no problems. It is a very busy location but a number of rv's, trucks and restaurants. Second night at Louisvile South KOA. Ok for a overnight...home on the 3rd day...
Old 03-15-2020, 08:33 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Not much in campgrounds around Indianapolis near I-65. I'm from there and usually when we go visit remaining family, we stay at the Indianapolis KOA near Mt. Comfort exit of of I-70. It's just a few miles east of I-465 on the east side.