Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2011, 10:52 AM   #1

Bald Mountain Park Hiawassee, Ga.

Anyone out there stayed at Bald Mountain. Have read RV Park Reviews. Just would like some more input as I am looking to stay there a few months in the late spring early summer 2012. I don't like committing to campgrounds without first getting some feed back from those that have been there.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2011, 11:07 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
N Georgia Camping

Not sure about the campground you mentioned, but, We love Trackrock campground located in Blairsville Ga ( 15 miles from Hiawassi)http://www.irv2.com/forums/images/smilies/whistling.gif. We love this place, great family run place!
ToddGaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
We stayed at Granite mountain east of Atlanta Georgia, not sure if it also is called Bald mountain I was their near end of March this year. Was early, start of their season, motor homes and trailers in some sites not much open then. Cable car ride up mountain was open, nice ride and view. Looked like park was more for family with children. Lots of swings slides etc around. Site was nice with your own barbeque on a private deck. Hugh golf course was open if you like that. I would go back. I have a 40 foot Monaco Camelot, There is a warning about low bridge on west side of park, I went in from the east side. All paved roads.
Lot of room at full hookup site.
rebelone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelone View Post
We stayed at Granite mountain east of Atlanta Georgia, not sure if it also is called Bald mountain I was their near end of March this year. Was early, start of their season, motor homes and trailers in some sites not much open then. Cable car ride up mountain was open, nice ride and view. Looked like park was more for family with children. Lots of swings slides etc around. Site was nice with your own barbeque on a private deck. Hugh golf course was open if you like that. I would go back. I have a 40 foot Monaco Camelot, There is a warning about low bridge on west side of park, I went in from the east side. All paved roads.
Lot of room at full hookup site.
I think you mean stone mountain park.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Yes that was it, sorry, still a nice place.
Rebel
rebelone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelone View Post
Yes that was it, sorry, still a nice place.
Rebel

Lock everything, theft of tow bars, etc

Go farther North if you can, cooler and more scenic
strangebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:59 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Bald Mountain is not a bad park but they are sticklers for "rules". Friends were charged extra for checking in 2 hours early....picky stuff. Try River Bend just up the road.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:25 PM   #8

Head over to Dillard to River Vista. Great location & great people! Check out the website.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:32 AM   #9

Thanks slick60 and boldtning for the responses. I'll check those two out.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:33 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosticks View Post
anyone out there stayed at bald mountain. Have read rv park reviews. Just would like some more input as i am looking to stay there a few months in the late spring early summer 2012. I don't like committing to campgrounds without first getting some feed back from those that have been there.

one of the nicest, cleanest and beautiful cg in hiwassee is river bend.
faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #11

We stay at Bald Mountain often since it is only 2 hours away. Absolutely the cleanest CG we have seen. The office staff and owner are most helpful. The bathhouses are very clean. The staff and owner live on the property. Plenty of shaded spots or open sites by the lake. Most sites are pull thrus. We have reservations for most of the month of October.
GigiShaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick60 View Post
Bald Mountain is not a bad park but they are sticklers for "rules". Friends were charged extra for checking in 2 hours early....picky stuff. Try River Bend just up the road.
I was in business (not an RV park owner) and I learned up front that "word of mouth" is your BEST advertizing,... good OR bad!

Most of us aren't spending our life on RV parks so on the occasions we do, why would we even try one that gets bad-mouthed?
Some owners or managers just shoot themselves in the foot.
michigancamper
MICHIGAN CAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote