Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #1

BCS Championship Game

Trying to find out if anyone has parked there RV at the Rosebowl stadium. Where did you park and how early did they let you pull in?

Thanks
mgosselin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #2

RV PARKING
RV parking ($50) on West Drive is available day of game only and opens six (6) hours prior to game time.
Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #3

It's $50 for UCLA home games. I would suspect that the price will increase for the Rose Bowl game and the BCS game. Parking is usually in lot F/FO and some in lot D for home games. Again, this might expand for those 2 games. A bit of advise, GET THERE EARLY. like before the gates open and expect to stay long after the game ends. It takes a while for all the cars associated with 95k+ fans to exit.
Martinichuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #4

Thanks. Just found out it will be $100 night and I can pull in Nov 5th.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #5
Pez

Monaco Owners Club
Mgosselin, where did you get your info for the RV parking at Rosebowl stadium $100 a night for the game? Thanks for any info you can share.
Thanks
Pez
Pez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #6

Here is what I know so far. The parking lot opens Jan 2 & closes Jan 7 for Motor homes and it's a $100 a night. They said i could park on Jan 5 and should get a spot no problem!
If you decide to park on the day of the game parking will not be allowed til 8am!

I am still waiting on location, should have Monday when they get back into office. A friends brother works for the city so he is getting me all the info, will post once I get it.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #7

I know our little Georgia/Florida game is small by comparison (only 83,000) but the RV's start lining up a week before the "RV City" opens up which is 4 days before the game. It's great fun watching all the fans.
bailiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #8

Wife & I are Gamecock alumni. Both full scholarship athletes. Nothing better than SEC tailgating. Take the kids from So Cal too two games a year in Columbia. Wish we were closer to take the RV for the games. Good friends are Bama alumni so we should have a great time supporting SEC in BCS championship game.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:48 AM   #9

We went to the 2010 Rosebowl in our motor home, and may be going this year. They use the park just south of the stadium for motor homes and allowed us in three days before the game. If I remember correctly it was sixty a day, and no services. There was plenty of room for everyone. Also there was a public bathroom which was part of the park on the south side which could be used, and a septic truck came through and charged to dump tanks.

It was a great way to see the game and tail gate for three days. Even if you don't have tickets you can join in all of the celebration and watch the game from your rig!

John
jcwhitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #10

The price starts at $850 if you park Jan 2nd. It goes down $150 each night until it's finally $250 the day if the game. The question is, will they have spaces the day of the game? Has anyone been to the national championship game there rather than the rose bowl game. I would expect they get more rigs for the national championship. Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to make a decision on whether to go in the RV or not.
mhhorowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #11

No, I have only gone to the Rose Bowl. Difficult to say if there will be more for the National Championship Game, but as I mentioned, there was plenty of room remaining during the Rose Bowl. Not much help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0791.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	324.3 KB
ID:	52723  
Old 12-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #12

Freightliner Owners Club
Just was at the Rose Bowl this morning to see the floats getting built. Quite an experience!

Also passed by the RV camping area at Brookside Park:

Seems to be plenty of room around the RV's. However no official could give me an answer as to how to reserve a space!
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:53 AM   #13

I do not believe you could reserve spots.... first come, first serve, but there was plenty of room remaining.