Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2020, 05:03 PM   #1

Bella Terra or Buena Vista in Alabama

Trying to decide between these two and would be interested to hear people's experiences with both. Planning to head there this may in a 45' class A.

Thanks.
Jtrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2020, 05:06 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I can’t answer your question because I haven’t stayed at either, but Pandion Ridge in the area is great. Stayed there last year and I’ll be there again this March.
mricet1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 05:12 PM   #3

I saw that this was new. Did you like it?
Jtrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:27 PM   #4

You should also check out Lake Osprey RV Resort. They just opened an additional 50 sites.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:44 PM   #5

Bella Terra is top of the line. Spacious stained concrete sites. You will be required to have pads under your jacks which they provide if you don’t have. Many sites are on lakes.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:52 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrving View Post
I saw that this was new. Did you like it?

Yes it’s pretty new. Large sites and nicely maintained. I stayed two weeks last year, staying a month this year. Adjoins Gulf State Park via trail, so you have access to 25 miles of paved walking and biking paths in the state park without having to drive.
mricet1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:55 PM   #7

Burns Vista is quite nice on the beach strip with a great pool. Sites are well spaced and folks very friendly Not all sites are sold and The sites are not as improved as some other ownership parks. But the smaller size and lack of clicks is a real plus
32hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 07:02 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Bella Terra or Buena Vista in Alabama

We stayed at BellaTerra last year, Oct-Nov, 30 days for a price break. Top of the line. Foley is a great town. Get on Rt 59 and go 15 minutes South and you’re at Gulf Shores and the Beach. Hang a left at Gulf Shores, another 15-20 minutes and you’re in Pensacola, FL. It’s also 3 hrs from New Orleans. We were testing the area out for possible relocation. Foley seems far enough from the Gulf to scedaddle if a hurricane rolled in. The locals never seemed too worried about that scenario for some reason.

Anyway, it was highly rated by everyone when I was asking on here and didn’t disappoint. BellaTerra is indeed top notch and seemed a perfect distance from anywhere.

Bonus: in our timeframe, weather was great and beaches were empty for shell searching.
les.warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 07:40 AM   #9

This is our second year at Bella Terra and we love it.

Last year we started to stay only 10 days, but ended up staying three weeks. This year we signed up for two months.

Like others have said, nice convenient location. Far enough from the beach not to have the crowds, but also close enough for a nice quick trip.

The main drag in Foley has just about any retail store you could possibly want. Most are recent builds so everything still has that new feeling about the area.

Oh it is also very dog friendly. Two fenced dog parks with lots of other areas to walk the dogs. Plenty of deposit locations as well.

View out the front windshield when we pulled into our site last month.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200104_133025.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	236.0 KB
ID:	273899  
Old 02-01-2020, 10:25 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by photraveller View Post

The main drag in Foley has just about any retail store you could possibly want. Most are recent builds so everything still has that new feeling about the area.

Steve

They also have an HUGE outlet mall. HUGE! Did I say HUUGGEE! My DW found the Vera Bradley store in there. [emoji15] I think we ONLY visited it 4 times before getting outta town. She said the best prices she’s seen ANYWHERE! At least that’s the story I got. [emoji2369] Happy Wife, Happy Life [emoji4]
les.warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 08:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by les.warden View Post
They also have an HUGE outlet mall. HUGE! Did I say HUUGGEE! My DW found the Vera Bradley store in there. [emoji15] I think we ONLY visited it 4 times before getting outta town. She said the best prices she’s seen ANYWHERE! At least that’s the story I got. [emoji2369] Happy Wife, Happy Life [emoji4]
Agreed, first Outlet Mall that I've visited that you truly need to look at the map unless you want to circle the inner and outer lots repeatedly. Map of the place:
https://www.tangeroutlet.com/foley/directory.pdf

We also like to eat out one meal a day when possible. We can go a couple of weeks without repeating too many of the restaurants.

Steve
Old 02-02-2020, 10:57 AM   #12

Bella Terra is a great park but it’s not walking or bike distance from anything, it basically in the middle of a field several miles inland. Beuna Vista is right across from the beach but doesn’t have direct beach access. You still have to drive to one of the public beaches. Lake Osprey is on a golf course but other than that it isn’t really close to anything. Two others to consider are Heritage Motorcoach Resort or Terry Cove Motorcoach Resort. Heritage is bay front and has a great view but has the smallest lot size of any mentioned. Terry Cove is the most centrally located if you want to walk or bike to anything. It is close enough to bike to the State Park trails and several great restaurants. It really depends on what you are looking for.
Old 02-02-2020, 11:00 AM   #13

Name:	59892151832__DFCF073A-7A92-46EA-8DB8-F9CAF511CB27.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	462.9 KB
ID:	274019Terry Cove
Old 02-02-2020, 11:02 AM   #14

Name:	IMG_0141.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	356.8 KB
ID:	274020Terry Cove