Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2014, 06:54 AM   #1

Best areas to camp during the fall

Just started rving and fulltiming and am getting ideas for where to go Sep-Nov. i would assume that the Appalachians from NC to Maine would be nice. Are there other areas or campsites that you all would recommend?

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Serengeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2014, 01:05 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Serengeti,
If you can, start in Maine or somewhere up north and follow the leaves changing all the way down to Georgia. Not knowing what you travel in or what your preferences are makes it a bit difficult to recommend a CG.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:05 PM   #3

Best areas to camp during the fall

Sorry, 39ft Landmark 5th wheel and just me and my wife. Not that I will be up in Maine this year, but starting in Maine early in the fall and heading south following the leaves sounds like a perfect plan that I may just do next year.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Serengeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:11 PM   #4

If you're inclined to be in the Midwest... Wisconsin offer some spectacular views of the fall foliage...

You could start along the Mississippi River and head east to Lake Michigan and Door County...

Along the Mississippi, I would recommend Wyalusing State Park, WI

In Door County, I would recommend Peninsula State Park, WI

Fall is our absolute favorite time to camp... Love the colors, the brisk air and the ability to have a beautiful campfire..

Enjoy, wherever you end up !!
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote