Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2023, 07:21 AM   #1

Best Nokomis/Venice/Sarasota RV park for 43' MH

Hi,

I will be spending a few nights in May when visiting family that are in Nokomis. There are a few parks/resorts, but I've never been to them. Does anyone have experience with RV parks in that area and know which is best and can accommodate a 43' RV?

Thanks
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2023, 07:43 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Hi,

I will be spending a few nights in May when visiting family that are in Nokomis. There are a few parks/resorts, but I've never been to them. Does anyone have experience with RV parks in that area and know which is best and can accommodate a 43' RV?

Thanks
take a look at Fun in the Sun in Sarasota also the Oscar Schere State park
Brezzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 09:09 AM   #3

Myakka River Motorcoach Resort in Port Charlotte / Englewood area is first class.
https://www.myakkamotorcoachresort.com/
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 10:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Hi,

Thanks
Mom used to live in Englewood before she passed. When we would visit we would stay at Rambler's Rest in Venice
https://thousandtrails.com/florida/r...tory%20Listing

or the Harbor Lakes RV Resort in Port Charlotte.
https://thousandtrails.com//florida/...tory%20Listing

we were in a 40' class A towing a Jeep SUV.
Old 03-28-2023, 06:26 AM   #5

We've stayed at Camp Venice a few times in our 43' MH.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 06:53 AM   #6

Thanks all. Port Charlotte is too far away for this trip, but looks nice and will keep in mind for future. Will only be there a couple, possibly three, nights and want to stay as close to my father (Nokomis) as possible, since we will have three dogs left in the RV when I go to his house. Heading on to Disney to meet up with my brother in law and his family for a week.

Has anyone stayed at Royal Coachman in Nokomis, that's only 6 minutes away. Otherwise, the Venice and Fun in the Sun both seem to be about 20-25 minutes from him.
Old 03-28-2023, 10:52 AM   #7

I've stated there a couple of times for a week each time a few years ago. I thought it was a fairly nice place & would not hesitate to go back there. Sites at that time were large enough & not to close to each other. I only needed the 30a electric and their web site only mentions 30a service, you should give them a call to ask them if they have 50a service.
Al10453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 07:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al10453 View Post
I've stated there a couple of times for a week each time a few years ago. I thought it was a fairly nice place & would not hesitate to go back there. Sites at that time were large enough & not to close to each other. I only needed the 30a electric and their web site only mentions 30a service, you should give them a call to ask them if they have 50a service.
Going through the online checkin, it says 30 and 50, full hook ups.
Old 03-30-2023, 08:04 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Grand Design Owners Club
Maybe compare the places on RV Life's Campground review site.... campground.rvlife.com

I choose Sun n' Fun (now Sun Outdoors Sarasota) in Sarasota but I suppose it all depends on how much time you'll spend at the resort vs. at family's places. For sure if you want the family to visit you then I'd choose Sun Outdoors (nicer pool area as well as open space and amenities).
Old 04-02-2023, 05:19 PM   #10

I'll be spending all my time, other than sleeping, at my father's house on the inter coastal. So amenities aren't too important for this couple day stop.

Tags
rv park