Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2017, 11:52 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrentals View Post
I just got off the phone with Good Sam corporate office.

They will be looking into this incident as well as the numerous other complaints.
well as the saying goes from a Learned Man...you can screw some of the people some of the time but ya can't screw all of the people all of the time
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2017, 12:34 PM   #16

I decided to go to the resort/campground web site, you said you looked at it before booking on the phone.

Pretty much everything you mentioned is on the site.

it is clear the zip line is one line ...fees and sizes for zip line..........."Requirements: 48″ tall & 65 to 280 lbs.
Cost: $45"

the times for zip line is not real clear but it is pretty clear there are set times and it is not just walk up anytime and go zip line.

no mention of the wall or other stuff closed, Might have just been a day when help was off or unable to work.

The whitewater rafting is a differnet company the resort links to. It seems the zip line and rock wall are also seperate from the resort but using the resort property.

As far as no refund.............it is clear when you book that first night is not gonna be refunded. it aint like they just decided not to for you.....it is clear on the site........"DEPOSITS: When you book a reservation, a non-refundable payment for the first night is required to guarantee your reservation. We strongly encourage you to verify your travel plans with all involved parties prior to making your reservation."

and this..............."CANCELLATIONS: Individual Reservations for RV, Tent and Camper Cabins are subject to a 7 day cancellation policy. Your full balance is due 7 days prior to arrival. If you cancel your reservation outside of 7 days of your arrival date, you will forfeit your non-refundable payment for the first night. If you cancel your reservation within 7 days of your arrival date you will forfeit all monies paid."

extra fees for rug rats and pets is clear on the site also.

If it was me I would be very annoyed with myself for not catching most of that stuff up front when i viewed the web site or being clear on the phone when i called. Yes i would be annoyed with the campground also but most of my anger would be focused at the person in the mirror who should be experianced and wise enough to notice it might be a little shady when viewing the site and following up on the phone.

TBH i was reading waiting for something about wifi sucking....I knew it was shady as soon as i saw them mention wifi hot spot and then as if we would not notice......that it was at the club or resturant or whatever.....It is not at the sites.
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:50 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrentals View Post
I just got off the phone with Good Sam corporate office.

They will be looking into this incident as well as the numerous other complaints.
That is corp code for please get off my phone so i can get back to browsing the net or get to lunch or whatever i was doing before you called.

For those saying to post a review to other sites.
If it makes you feel better go for it but know that most folks are aware online reviews are pretty much useless. They are posted by by someone who feel they were screwed or on the other side (positive reviews) by bogus accounts or freinds or employees, Online reviews are just not usefull most times.
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 01:13 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just an FYI, many places have no refund policies or variations especially in high tourist areas/times. Very common is to be charged 1 night for a reservation that is cancelled close to arrival date, whether it is a one night or several night reservation. Those places usually tell you upfront when you make the reservation and if you are already within the period they don't give a refund they tell you there is no refund. Also, web sites usually have this info, although it may be part of the small print.
As for reviews, I've worked for several seasonal employers and they all took online reviews very seriously. They let employees know when good reviews came through and they investigated bad reviews with employees as well as answering customers.
Tetonchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 01:23 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetonchief View Post
Just an FYI, many places have no refund policies or variations especially in high tourist areas/times. Very common is to be charged 1 night for a reservation that is cancelled close to arrival date, whether it is a one night or several night reservation. Those places usually tell you upfront when you make the reservation and if you are already within the period they don't give a refund they tell you there is no refund. Also, web sites usually have this info, although it may be part of the small print.

Yes I agree
however we called to literally asked

if everything was open

and what time activities closed

the only thing they closed at 4 pm was the rafting

the manager was the one that told us over the phone

But then everything else would be open and

yes that is the reason why we called we just didn't take the word of the website

we actually called and it was news to her during the disagreement that the stuff was actually closed and she offered an apology for that
she wasn't aware of it until we brought it to her attention
ssrentals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:52 PM   #20

We stayed there for 10 days in summer of 2013
Great location near spa at Glenwood Springs which has the largest hot spring pool in America
Great bike trail from campground along the Colorado River
Fun fishing for trout with my adult sons along the river
Close to mountain resorts
We had no issues with the campground. Didn't partake of zip lines or other campground activities. Beautiful area
I'd stay there again
marksheinkopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:47 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
By coincidence, we spent a few nights here about a month ago and had no issues, but we were not interested in the zip line, rock wall or rope course either. Now that OP mentions it, however, we did have lunch at the on-site bar/grill one day and there was no activity on any of those, and they are right next to the deck on which the bar/grill sit. In fact, over the few days we were there I don't recall ever seeing anyone using those facilities, although to be honest, I wasn't really paying attention either.

We stayed there as it was a perfect location to visit Vale, Aspen and the maroon bells. It was similar to other "out west" parks we used on this trip, expensive for what you get, but adequate for our needs. Our large coach fit, it was an easy on/off the freeway and centrally located to things we wanted to see in the area.

Your experience was unfortunate. Sorry things didn't work out for you and the kids.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:58 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
By coincidence, we spent a few nights here about a month ago and had no issues, but we were not interested in the zip line, rock wall or rope course either. Now that OP mentions it, however, we did have lunch at the on-site bar/grill one day and there was no activity on any of those, and they are right next to the deck on which the bar/grill sit. In fact, over the few days we were there I don't recall ever seeing anyone using those facilities, although to be honest, I wasn't really paying attention either.

We stayed there as it was a perfect location to visit Vale, Aspen and the maroon bells. It was similar to other "out west" parks we used on this trip, expensive for what you get, but adequate for our needs. Our large coach fit, it was an easy on/off the freeway and centrally located to things we wanted to see in the area.

Your experience was unfortunate. Sorry things didn't work out for you and the kids.

Thank you
Old 07-29-2017, 12:15 AM   #23

I say the hell with that vinegar/honey crap. You got screwed, and I don't blame you one bit for being furious. Absolutely deny the payment through your cc company. I'm sorry, but this politically correct stuff is for the birds. I myself am glad you persisted and did not walk out with your tail between your legs...
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:25 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdst51 View Post
I say the hell with that vinegar/honey crap. You got screwed, and I don't blame you one bit for being furious. Absolutely deny the payment through your cc company. I'm sorry, but this politically correct stuff is for the birds. I myself am glad you persisted and did not walk out with your tail between your legs...

Thank you, also they have tried

everything to get my reviews pulled off of the

Internet however they failed.

Tags
alaska, alaska trip, colorado