Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2016, 10:20 AM   #1

Big Rig Gas in the Florida Keys

We are currently at a place called Point of View RV Park in Key Largo. 5 Min from John Pennycamp and very nice. Not a ton of privacy, just some hedges that sort of split up all pull-thru sites. Wide enough for a camper and a boat. Great pool, boat ramp, etc.

We are going to Bluewater Key Ocean resort next, which is about 85 miles from here, about 12 miles from the end of Key West. I'm a bit over half full in my fuel tank. I'm looking for a big rig friendly diesel station between here and Blue Water (like a Speedway, Racetrack, Pilot or whatever). I'm pulling my CRV, so I'd like something that can accommodate me. If I fill up now, I can make it down to Key West and back home without refueling again next week. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2016, 10:30 AM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
About 10 miles south of you, in Tavernier, is a Chevron. Fairly wide driveway into and you can exit through the rear (straight shot) onto a side street and "go around the block" to get back to the highway. Take a look at it on Google maps.
TinCanTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:39 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
There are several choices. There are no "big box" fueling stations. However, there are stations with a relatively easy in and out. As you pass through Marathon there is a fueling station on the left (when traveling south). About a mile past mile marker 39 is a station on the left. There is another choice or two farther down the road. My memories are from about 3 years ago.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:56 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Check Gas Buddy.
Nearest Pilot/Flying J is north of Homestead junction ST RD 997/US41
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 06:25 PM   #5

Answering my own question...
In Marathon, there is a large Valero station that looks big enough for easy in, easy out.
Old 03-20-2016, 06:30 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There is a Shell station on Big Pine Key where I have fueled my 38 foot Class A with a Honda CRV on the tow bar.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:37 AM   #7

Ohio Key - MM39 at Sunshine Key RV Resort convenience store has diesel and is very easy to access..pumps are parallel to the highway.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, gas