Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2015, 07:34 AM   #29

There is a KOA in St. Petersburg, Fl that is adjacent to the Pinellas Trail. It is a very long and very nice trail and the campground is nice. Sorry I didn't think of this one before. The trail would work nicely for a tryke.
St Augustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2015, 09:42 AM   #30

Golden Shores RV Resort in Long Beach California. Miles and miles of bike trails right on the beach. We don't even tow a car there if that's the only place were going.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 05:22 PM   #31

Gulf Shores, Alabama. Gorgeous. Not real long as I remember though. Here in California, cyclists are crazy and seem to ride places that would scare me to death, but many great trails like you seek exist. This morning I did a great multi-use trail that essentially surrounds San Diego Bay. Coronado in the summer! Miles & miles of trails along the Sacramento River. I've ridden it long distances around Redding & Sacramento. As full-timers, when we pull into a community, I go to the city website and start researching bike trails. Amazing what you find. In Redding, I found a great trail, just as you are describing. From it you could access a huge heavily forested park like area where I spotted a full rack deer, a couple of turkeys, etc. Last morning I rode it, I was pretty spooked by all the cattle freely roaming it. I'd missed the notice that they let cattle graze it, unsupervised, during the spring as part of their fire suppression efforts! And I was worried about Cougars!
biosensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 05:26 PM   #32

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lake George RV park great trail runs for miles and right into downtown Lake George, NY

Dan Callahan, North Jersey
2008 Fleetwood Excursion 40E
Freightliner, Cummins, Allison
It's not the Destination or the Journey
It's the Excursion
DebnDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 05:31 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Jonestown KOA Lickdale (PA)

Trail right off the campground, beside the Swatara Creek. Nicely packed trail that then turns into a paved road that.
sstehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:47 AM   #34

We really appreciate all the help! As mentioned at the first post, we wanted to assemble this list of paved bike paths that join to campgrounds. [moderator edit]

We hope this can be a resource for all of our RV/cycling friends.
[moderator edit]

Dave & Susan
RV Triking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:50 PM   #35

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Mohican State Park in North Central Ohio. Goes from the campground to downtown Loudenville. Less than 2 miles only.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 08:12 AM   #36

In Petoskey, Michigan, the Little Traverse Wheelway is a 23 mile bike path along Lake Michigan, running from Charlevoix to Harbor Springs. Petoskey RV Resort is just across the highway from access to the path. It's one of my favorite bike paths, and it's very scenic.
Tim McK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 08:27 AM   #37

In Northern Indiana, the Pumpkin Vine Nature Trail runs from Shipshewana, to Middlebury, then to Goshen. It connects to another couple of trails that continue to Elkhart. We had our coach at The Entegra factory for service, and it was a short ride from there to the trail. Campgrounds in Shipshewana could easily access the trail, and there are probably others along the way. Check out http://www.pumpkinvine.org/html/overview.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1437316002.686159.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	100546
Tim McK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 09:03 AM   #38

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Oscar Scherer State Park in Florida

The Legacy Bike Trail can be accessed directly from the park which sits at the halfway point on the trail between Sarasota and Venice. The Legacy Trail is 10 miles of paved trail. Near Venice, The Legacy Trail connects to The Venetian Waterway Park Trail which follows along both sides of the Intracoastal Waterway to the ocean for an additional 9 miles. The entire length of both trails is well maintained and offers many amenities and rest stops.
Trvl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 09:33 AM   #39

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Blue Anchor RV Park, Osburn, Idaho

Blue Anchor RV Park is located just off I-90 and across the road from the Trails of the Coeur d'Alene Bike Trail.

The Trail of the Coeur d'Alene bike trail is a 72 mile paved trail through scenic mountains and valleys in Idaho's Panhandle. This is an absolutely beautiful, well maintained trail to ride.
Trvl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 02:13 PM   #40

Catalina State Park in Tucson, AZ is just across Oracle Road from the Tucson Metro Bikeway system.
2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB, 635 watts solar, 440 AH batteries, 2000 watt inverter, Koni struts and shocks, Hellwig rear anti-swaybar, SumoSprings front and back, 2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox baseplates, Aladdin towbar and Patriot
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 06:04 PM   #41

Mammoth Lakes: Those in Town, Twin Lakes, Lake Mary all are paved.
Old 07-19-2015, 06:57 PM   #42

The Erie Canal trailway.
It runs from Albany to Bufflo, NY.
Many sections paved. Western section almost level. Many camp grounds, along the canal route.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground