Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2009, 09:19 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Boston Area Campground

Any suggestions for a campground in the Boston area???
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2009, 05:02 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I like this Campground about 30 minute drive to Boston. www.normandyfarms.com
Old 03-24-2009, 05:23 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
well we will try this again. Tried spell check and whole message disappeared. Not sure if you are doing NH or ME also but they are close enough to Boston that you might want to look there also. I have never been to Normandy but I hear it is children friendly. You might also see www.campgroundreviews.com for suggestions.
clubmed98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Normandy Farms

Normandy Farms, First class, clean, pricey, several pools (ask what time they will be open during your stay, sometimes close early). Make sure you have a pressure regulator. Plenty of water pressure. Ask for the super sites. They are limited in numbers.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:59 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
What time of year? Normandy is open now, but others not until May.
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:58 AM   #6

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Normandy Farms, Pool hours

Sorry, please let me clarify "open". You may want to ask what time the pools are open. We have stayed there before and found that the "ADULT" pool closed at 6:00pm. That was not our idea of an adult amenity.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:22 AM   #7

We stayed at Boston Minute Man Campground last year in June. Was very nice. Clean, convenient to train for ride into Boston.
Brad10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:42 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the tips....being from Arizona, there are plenty of campgrounds throughout the state, and many right in Phoenix...in planning our eastern trip, I am finding we will have to "commute" to some of the larger cities like New York, Phillie, etc. Guess that's why I drag the toad Leaving today....won't be in the "big city" area until at least June....
Old 04-13-2009, 08:16 AM   #9

Nor'easters Club
My wife is a workamper at Normandy Farms and they have started to fire things up for the season. they are about 5 min away from the trainstation if you want to take train to boston or if you drive about 30 min. they have 4 pools 3 outdoor one indoor, sanna 3 hottubs rec logde etc if you go to there website you can get all the news as to what they have added and done. if you are going to stay in june you might want to call them now because we have seen some weekends that they have no sites at all and I mean at all, not even in thew safari fields that they have. If you stay at Normandy Farms you should be able to find things going on to keep you from being upset.

let us know if you will be staying as not many irv2.com members have given us a heads up so that maybe we can meet.

Mark
Old 04-17-2009, 06:18 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
teaoff:

Ya might also want to take a serious look over in and around Gloucester on Cape Ann immediately NE of Boston. VERY easy access back into Boston with your toad, and VERY beautiful locale. Also, don't miss Rock Port just above Gloucester. Steve & Lynette
Old 05-24-2009, 04:59 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Normandy Farms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Bento View Post
My wife is a workamper at Normandy Farms and they have started to fire things up for the season. they are about 5 min away from the trainstation if you want to take train to boston or if you drive about 30 min. they have 4 pools 3 outdoor one indoor, sanna 3 hottubs rec logde etc if you go to there website you can get all the news as to what they have added and done. if you are going to stay in june you might want to call them now because we have seen some weekends that they have no sites at all and I mean at all, not even in thew safari fields that they have. If you stay at Normandy Farms you should be able to find things going on to keep you from being upset.

let us know if you will be staying as not many irv2.com members have given us a heads up so that maybe we can meet.

Mark
The wife and I will be there on their anniversary weekend. The farm has been in the family for 250 years. It will be our anniversary also that weekend. But only 34 years for us!

Dan and Donna
Old 05-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
We are still in Atlanta visiting kids/grandkids....then up to Raleigh, Lexington, Phillie, New York and then Boston...so while I understand the need to book ahead in very popular areas, it is still way to early to dial in a date. As soon as I can figure out the dates, I will make reservations.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:43 AM   #13

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by danf7 View Post
The wife and I will be there on their anniversary weekend. The farm has been in the family for 250 years. It will be our anniversary also that weekend. But only 34 years for us!

Dan and Donna
Super wife is the pools supervisor so I am sure you will run into her, Her Name is Joanne be sure to say hi and let her know that you are part of the Irv2.com family that I am on. Not sure if I will be there because my job keeps me about 45 mins away from my family when they are up at the farms. I work in New Bedford MA. wife and daughter both work at Normandy farms for summer at least the motorhome gets used we are on site A5 right by pool 1 when you come in the park.

Mark
Old 06-04-2009, 08:07 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Bento View Post

Mark
My family and I will be there this weekend for a shakedown of the RV.
misturg is offline   Reply With Quote