Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob and Inga View Post
The Potosi Brewing Company is located in Potosi WI along the Great River Road and is home to the National Brewery Museum (bet you didn't know about that). It has been beautifully restored and has very good daily food specials in addition to great beer. Try the Cave Ale Bob
No I did not know about that. Wow a National Brewery Museum, good food, good beer, I must say you have my full attention! Thanx for the post
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2011, 05:12 PM   #30

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oh MAN !!!! The one of the objects in my travels is the discovery of GOOD brew-pubs and I have found some.

On our trip to N.M. two years ago,it was one in Moab and two in Grand Junction along with the Red Cliffs Winery on the Colorado River above Moab.
Last year,it was Firestone/walker in Paso Robles,The irish pub in Novato with a Kilt Lifter,Pizza Port in Carlsbad,one in Eureka and on.
One place I would love to go is to Milford,De. whyich is home to Dogfish Head Brewery which has some of the greatest IPA's in the country. Their 60 and 90 minute ones are unbeatable,IMHO,but the 120 minute at 15% is not drinkable for me. It's only one of two times I've ever thrown out an opened beer as it's it tasted like a cheap whiskey..
We regularly try to stop at different McMenamins in Wash and Oregon whenever we go there along with the Rogue in Newport and Astoria and the Deschutes in Bend. Along with as many wineries as we can.
Here in our area besides the above mentioned,there is the Ironhorse Brewery in Ellensburg that has an Irish Death,a red and a brown ale.Then there are all the previously mentioned ones from Seattle and north.On the Kitsap Peninsula,where I live we have Hood Canal Brewing,Silver City Brewpub and Hale's Ales and then going across the Hood canal Bridge to the north Olympic Peninsula,you have two breweries in Port Townsend and about 15 wineries in both of the areas.At last count there were over 750 registered wineries in the state of Wash.
Life is great when you can have acess to all these great libations.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:35 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Oh MAN !!!! The one of the objects in my travels is the discovery of GOOD brew-pubs and I have found some.

We regularly try to stop at different McMenamins in Wash and Oregon whenever we go there along with the Rogue in Newport and Astoria and the Deschutes in Bend. Along with as many wineries as we can.
Here in our area besides the above mentioned,there is the Ironhorse Brewery in Ellensburg that has an Irish Death,a red and a brown ale.Then there are all the previously mentioned ones from Seattle and north.On the Kitsap Peninsula,where I live we have Hood Canal Brewing,Silver City Brewpub and Hale's Ales and then going across the Hood canal Bridge to the north Olympic Peninsula,you have two breweries in Port Townsend and about 15 wineries in both of the areas.At last count there were over 750 registered wineries in the state of Wash.
Life is great when you can have acess to all these great libations.

Awesome, thanx Bigdog We are actually going to do a route this summer that we will hit many of these fine establishments along the way. We will be going down into Oregon to see Crater Lake and we figured staying in about the Bend area first. Then we will make our way to the Oregon and Washington coasts and up to Abbotsford, BC so we will definitely look for these ones along the way. We did not know there was a Rogue in Astoria as well, now we don't have to go as crazy down in Newport. Thanx so much for the post.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:49 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwomack View Post
Port Aransas Brewing Co in Port Aransas, TX (On the island). Also has a killer hamburger!

www.portabrewing.com

Also try their (no red sauce) pizza...burgers are great also.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #33

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rogue Ales
Three in Newport,but one is the distillery
Three in Portland
1 in Astoria,several facilities in Independance and the Tyghe Valley.Barley and hops
1 in Eugene and Issaquah and one in SF North beach
They are getting around like McMenimins.
And we may be getting one more brew pub in downtown bremerton to go with the one in Manette,Der Blokenn.
We are also having one of the 6 beer fests in Washington in downtown bremerton the third (?) weekend in July.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #34

Hey Bigdog, will you keep us posted as to when exactly that beer fest will be
Old 02-13-2011, 07:06 AM   #35

Just wanted to say I have been following the thread and I am really getting excited about heading out this summer and sampling the offerings of our state Indiana. I also noticed that alot of you have listed local festivals for wine and beer. So I wanted to share a web site I have found related to the topic of festivals and tastings. Here is the link The Beer Festival Calendar Also here is a link to a wine event the wife and I attend Vintage Indiana Great time every year.

2003 Skyline 303C 32ft TT
ffmd212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #36

Thanx ffmd212, our list is growing That is a great link to Beerfests. If anyone gets to Penticton, BC in early April here is a link for their local Beerfest as well Okanagan Fest-of-Ale | April 8th & 9th, 2011 | 1-800-663-1900 For the wine lovers the wine fest is huge. Basically it covers the whole Okanagan, BC area. It runs from the end of April to about May 7th here is the link for that Okanagan Wine Festivals - Events Calendar Happy tastings
Old 02-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #37

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
OKAY,here's the latest scoop on the Bremerton Beer Fest. It's gonna be on Saturday the 23rd of July from noon till 9PM and will be centered on Picific Ave in downtown.There will be about 24 breweries and some foods along with some music. The area is about a two block from the Bremerton Marina,for you boaters,and the same from the Seattle-Bremerton ferries.(if they are still running by that time)It's also on facebook as;Bremerton Summer Brewfest.
My step-daughter has a shop,Ish Vintage clothing,right down and I'll probably be there all day,when I'm not out imbibing that is.
There is a Wal-mart on Wheaton way which is right on the busline to downtown...Anyone attending can IM me andf mebbee we can get together.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:10 AM   #38

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thought that y'all would like this one.There are a number of them,but I think this is the cutest one. I haven't seen Tiger Beer in a number of years,but I think they have it at one of my favorite markets that have a REALLY GOOD selection of beers.

Enjoy.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:22 AM   #39

I like it Bigdog!!
Old 02-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #40

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just as a matter of info,I grew up in Olympia about 8-10 blocks from the brewery and some of my friends from the hood were members of the Schmidt family,the owners of Oly Beer.I graduated from the old OHS and of course the school motto was "It's the water".I do still drink it when I can find it and normally have enuff for friends in the MH.I have a relatively extensive collection of Oly glasses and mugs,trays,a bunch of miscellaneous items and even a couple of cases of longneck Oly's that even Rob Schmidt couldn't remember when they were brewed.One of those cases is still unopened.
Love my beers...
Old 02-14-2011, 04:26 PM   #41

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlocanPaul View Post
also at Pelican Brewery in Pacific City Oregon (again some great ones, but a few not so good, everyone has there own!)
I was at the Pelican Pub and Brewery in Pacific City OR several times this past summer. I'm not a beer drinker, but their hamburgers were incredible and there's so much to watch because you're right on the beach. The weather was great and after we tired ourselves out walking on the beach, we sat and watched the surfers and the dorymen race their boats up onto the beach. Great place. There's also a huge "sand mountain" and the kids have a blast walking up and sliding down it.
Another place to visit, though I couldn't go because I had my dog with me is the Rogue River Mail Boat Rides. I did get to go on a whale watching trip out of Depoe Bay in a zodiac boat (smallest working harbor in the world) and had a blast though we didn't spot a whale. YouTube - Fast fishing charter boat goes full speed at the rocks

I was able to go because the young woman was a certified captain and a marine biologist who liked dogs. It was a wild ride! Very informative and very reasonably priced.
HoboPals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #42

Ford Super Duty Owner
We just made our first stop with Harvest Hosts. Bernardo Winery, 20 miles north of San Diego on I-15.
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote