Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2020, 03:46 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCat25 View Post
I love the whole state and, particularly the friendly people. Been going every year for 20 years and drive every time.

Attachment 282070
Funny, I feel the same way - Good People who just seem to enjoy having you come and explore their State. And they have a lot to Share with the rest of us.

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2020, 01:00 PM   #86

Our choice

Acadia National Park is our clear choice
mrcummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 05:27 PM   #87

Sit back and peruse through these and just plot your best / favorite route!
https://weather.com/photos/news/2020...parks-photos#7
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 06:01 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker2 View Post
Sit back and peruse through these and just plot your best / favorite route!
https://weather.com/photos/news/2020...parks-photos#7
We've been to all of them and surprisingly, their #1 is our #10 - Yosemite. It's just too crowded and congested for us. Others may differ.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 10:32 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
We've been to all of them and surprisingly, their #1 is our #10 - Yosemite. It's just too crowded and congested for us. Others may differ.
Thanks for that info., I wondered about that. Our trips there were a long time ago, the first in '73, and a couple more several years later with the kids.

My wife's sister is taking about riding back with us from WV to OR and I'm thinking about a route that will provide the most sights for her. Perhaps it's a bit like, "what would you go back to". It would be her first tour of anything very far removed from WV, although she was out here a year or two ago and got to see the OR coast, redwoods, CL and a few other "local" places. Out of necessity the trip home was a fast one, with no deviations from 140, 80, and 70.

Loved Winemaker 2's excellent photos. We've been to all of them at least once also, but the photos bring back good memories. I think his photos are better than mine.

Steve

1996 Dodge Cummins 2500 with 1996 Lance 945 camper
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:42 PM   #90

In over 200,000 miles & 1800 nights on the road there are plenty of places to return to.

Even though we have done Alaska 4 times we would do it again. The trip is so much more than just Alaska. The Canadian Rockies put the Colorado Rockies to shame. Favourite Alaska CG is probably Deep Creek on the Kenai. No power. No dump, can be crowded, can be windy, can be cold, no such thing as a level site. It is all about the sunsets & the eagles. Up close eagles.

The most spectacular CG in all of N America is Meziadin Lake Provincial Park, BC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1871.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	282382   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2075.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	282383  

Name:	IMG_98778.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	439.7 KB
ID:	282384  
Triangle Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 08:10 AM   #91

The Pacific Coast Highway. In it's entirety.
Old 04-21-2020, 08:28 AM   #92

Quote:
Thinking the commonality of Fewer people is a Big deal to many of us.

Fact is - Like Yogi said - "No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded."

Oh so True.............
Old 04-26-2020, 12:22 AM   #93

Quote:

Yosemite is all about timing. Go the right time it’s incredible. Go the wrong time it’s a nightmare. Make it around Easter break or just before and you are much better off than summertime. And not on a weekend.

I’ve been in January, spring break summer and fall. It’s so beautiful with snow. It was cool to cross country ski along Tiago road.

But really in March it’s snowy above and water flowing everywhere in the valley and lots of animals and less people.
inkahauts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 09:42 AM   #94

Yes, Yosemite Valley is too crowded and too hot in the warmer months. Winter is great. The high country above the valley is even greater. This is Dewey Point, a cliff above the valley. We got there from the Badger Pass area on snowshoes, about a two hour walk -- not that difficult. DW looks like she is on the edge of disaster, but she is actually several feet away from the cliff:

Click For Full-Size Image.
profdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 09:57 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdan View Post
Yes, Yosemite Valley is too crowded and too hot in the warmer months. Winter is great. The high country above the valley is even greater. This is Dewey Point, a cliff above the valley. We got there from the Badger Pass area on snowshoes, about a two hour walk -- not that difficult. DW looks like she is on the edge of disaster, but she is actually several feet away from the cliff:

Click For Full-Size Image.
Dan you should post that and MANY, MANY others you have (on your other images post) from those higher locations most never see - at least when the Uniform of the Day is Winter Whites. -

Old 04-26-2020, 04:34 PM   #96

OK, Buss, I will. But my point is not "wow look how extreme this is." Just the opposite -- almost anyone can do this.

We were camped at Upper Pines in the winter. We drove to Badger Pass on Glacier Point Road. We walked, slowly, on snowshoes to Dewey Point. It's a seven mile round trip with little elevation change. It took all day for one senior citizen (me) in decent but not amazing physical condition, accompanied by a not quite senior (DW) in excellent condition.
profdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:14 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdan View Post
OK, Buss, I will. But my point is not "wow look how extreme this is." Just the opposite -- almost anyone can do this.

We were camped at Upper Pines in the winter. We drove to Badger Pass on Glacier Point Road. We walked, slowly, on snowshoes to Dewey Point. It's a seven mile round trip with little elevation change. It took all day for one senior citizen (me) in decent but not amazing physical condition, accompanied by a not quite senior (DW) in excellent condition.
Dan,

I see all those others in your Images - - -

So few people even leave the asphalt and follow the Gravel Roads much less the trails.

Love your Images,
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PICT0084.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	446.8 KB
ID:	283936  
Old 05-08-2020, 07:33 AM   #98

Through the years we've hit every state, and 7 Ca. provinces. But if I only had one last place to go, I'd return to AK. for another entire summer!!
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote