Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2022, 03:12 PM   #1

Bucky147 - Lake Superior Tour in '22

Hello Folks...I'm a new member. This is my first posting. I'm planning a Circle Tour around Lake Superior in August of 22. I'm pulling a 25' Airstream and can boon dock whenever necessary or desirable. Just a guess but it looks doable in a comfortable way in about 12 days, allowing for fishing and hiking.

Any suggestions for campsites on the lake in State Parks, 3-4 star private parks, provincial parks or crown land in Ontario would be most appreciated. I'd be leaving from Marquette, Michigan, headed EAST to Sault Ste Marie to start. Having been over this road before, I know the route, (just keep turning left around the lake and you'll get back to Marquette) but I don't know of ang really "primo" campsites.

Any other thoughts, on this would also be appreciated...

Thanks,

Bucky147
Bucky147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2022, 04:19 PM   #2

You might want to use the Search line (near the top). Lots of posts on the subject appears. Also mentioned is this: https://www.superiortrails.com/maps/superior-map.html

Have fun planning!!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 03:55 AM   #3

A couple years back we did the Canada part of the circle going from Thunder Bay to Sault Ste Marie.
Stayed over night in private campground in Wawa which is about half way.
https://wawarvresort.com/?utm_source...edium=referral

I do remember that between Wawa and Sault Ste Marie there was not ONE gas station so fill up before you get out of town.

In Thunder bay we stayed at Fort Williams Historical Park. We stayed three or four days as alot to see in the area.

https://fwhp.ca/visit-us/rvs-a-camping

When in Thunder Bay this also is a must see

https://www.ontarioparks.com/park/kakabekafalls

As for the US part we did last year. For us its was hard to find spots near on on the lake. You might try Two Harbors MN city park.

https://www.twoharborsmn.gov/city_de...ound/index.php

Its a great trip have fun and good luck
be-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 06:48 AM   #4

There are not many boondocking spots along the north shore of lake superior. There are a lot of provincial parks and private campgrounds along the way. Neys and Sleeping Giant are a couple of our favorites in Ontario as well as Grand Marais in Mn. You should book your sites early as they fill up quickly.