Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #15

Send a message via MSN to M zoll
Concrete pads, long enough for camper& truck.
Wifi,with good signal
paved roads though the park
And campers not on top of each other.
Level is very important too
B&W Companion 5th wheel
M zoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #16

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good question! I hope the OP is designing the ultimate campground.

Water hookup at the pad. Other hookups are nice and would not be turned down, but I would rather get water at the campsite pad than at the dump station - I will pack water in if I know the dump station is the only option. I am not normally phobic, but yuck. I always picture someone cleaning the stinky slinky with the potable water hose.

Wifi is nice, cell service is even better as DH and I need to keep in touch for work - I can camp close my house and not have cell service due to the terrain. (I don't count the Green Bank Observatory ban in this as you know going near there that there is no cell service.)

Not having neighbors able to look in at me while I eat my cornflakes - I like Oak Hill campground in Wayne National Forest as the sites aren't necessarily far apart, but are angled in a good way.

A place for my dog to do it's business that is designated as such, has little doggie baggies for those that forget to bring one, and a place to throw away waste right there and wash your hands.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #17

Wow, I think I'm in the minority here.

In a CAMPground we look for, reasonable (in price, security & surroundings), area, scenery, peace & quiet and finally close to level.

Much more than that and ill spring for the extra $25 a night to stay in a motel.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
All the above.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #19

Any CG within an hour of 4pm. That when we start thinking about stopping. $25 or less. Most always find one. If struggle to find one we just stay at Walmart.
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by danandcarol View Post
x3 on this
X4 and add a liquor store within a mile or two!!!!!!!
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by calhyatt View Post
X4 and add a liquor store within a mile or two!!!!!!!
Good Point about the liquor store...and made me curious. has anyone found a campground with an lounge/bar on site?
JayAre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #22

Still looking, for now bring your own...
rode2nowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #23

We just look for a quiet, clean CG with large grassy sites. Paved roads, and paved sites make it too hot. Full hookup are a plus, but if there is a nice bathouse close, That's fine too. Lakes and rivers are nice to setup beside, and I like to either have a mountian under me, or a ocean in front of me. We don't camp much inbetween. We aren't fancy campers by any means, and like rustic CGs.
In the mountians we like National Park CGs with no power, and no water on the campsite, No phones, no computer, and we cook outside, so a fire ring is a must. We say we camp in the mountians, and RV at the beach.
terryallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #24

Send a message via Skype™ to ROMANICHEL
1) level pad
2) pad large enough to have some privacy
3) pet friendly
4) wifi
5) full service
Old 03-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #25

Send a message via Skype™ to ROMANICHEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryallan View Post
We just look for a quiet, clean CG with large grassy sites. Paved roads, and paved sites make it too hot. Full hookup are a plus, but if there is a nice bathouse close, That's fine too. Lakes and rivers are nice to setup beside, and I like to either have a mountian under me, or a ocean in front of me. We don't camp much inbetween. We aren't fancy campers by any means, and like rustic CGs.
In the mountians we like National Park CGs with no power, and no water on the campsite, No phones, no computer, and we cook outside, so a fire ring is a must. We say we camp in the mountians, and RV at the beach.
I like your statement : we camp in the mountains and RV at the beach, I guess we feel the same way
Old 03-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #26

Minimum: 15 amp electric and a fire ring.

Maximum: everything...and a fire ring
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #27

Appalachian Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
On top of things mentioned, nice clean bathhouse, not high on many others lists I see. Yes I use the RV to shower and we even have a tankless WH but if there is no sewer then I can fill the grey tank with 1 long shower! No issue in the bathhouse.

Enough room to not be right next to neighbors. And trees, we avoid parking lot style parks, we prefer to be in nature.

Trails to walk and hike. Pet friendly and people who use leashes and pick up after their dogs.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven
Minimum: 15 amp electric and a fire ring.

Maximum: everything...and a fire ring
We need that and 40 feet (38'4" really) and a place for the toad. Anything more is gravy. Anything less will be out there where space requirements aren't an issue and Gila Monsters and RV Mutants peacefully coexist. Is that pinion I smell?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground