Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2009, 02:11 PM   #1

Campground I-95 Southern North Carolina

We will be traveling up I-95 late next week and will be looking for a campgroun adjacent to I-95 in southern North Carolina. We have stayed at Sleepy Bear in Lumberton, however we would like an alternative with WES pull through some where north of there.
CardinalNVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2009, 02:38 PM   #2

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sleepy Bear is too close to 95 and is noisy.

While a bit farther north on I-95, we always stop at Rock Ridge Campground, exit 116

252-291-4477

Exit 116, W 1 mile on US 42 to Rock Ridge School Rd, turn right go about 1.5 mile north, on right...look for signs. Excellent sites and Very quiet. Gas is close by, although we use Flying J at exit 106.
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:35 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
N.C. I-95 Campgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalNVA View Post
We will be traveling up I-95 late next week and will be looking for a campgroun adjacent to I-95 in southern North Carolina. We have stayed at Sleepy Bear in Lumberton, however we would like an alternative with WES pull through some where north of there.
Exit 87 has a KOA Smithfield and exit 104???? is RVacation campground in Kenley,N.C. We just stayed at Smithfield 5 days ago. It's ok and looked at RVacation and it looks good.
Rsteabag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:18 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Don't forget Pedro's! Its right on the North Carolina - South Carolina state line. Properly called South of the Border in Dillon, SC. It's a suprisingly good overnight stop and cheap too as I remember. Enjoy.
Ol'Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:47 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've stayed at the Smithfield KOA. It was a nice park with plenty long pull-thrus. I would have no problem booking it again should the need arise.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:43 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
RVacation is nice. Pull throughs with hookups, wifi, great owners, easy access. Only downer is the nearby trains but we'llbe stopping there again.
we've also stayed at Sleepy Bears. Also pullthroughs with friendly olks.

Bill