Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2010, 08:43 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Campground Recommendations for Summer 2011

For the past four summers, we have stayed at a CG in SW CO which we absolutely love. It has everything we want (long, wide sites, grass and trees, wifi, great location, no kids, FHUs, dog friendly, super owners, golf course within 10 miles, mountains and lakes close by, etc) and that has enabled us to get away from hot, humid central Texas during the worst time of year.

The past two years, however, haven’t been all that great. While everything we want is still here, the weather hasn’t cooperated. It’s been pretty hot (in the mid 90s) and very windy, both of which I could’ve had if we stayed in Texas. So we’re looking for a new place for four months starting next mid-May.

We are interested in a nice (that’s relative, I know) RV park that has reasonable monthly rates ($300-600 per month), preferably in the Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon region where the weather is more temperate. While the things we want (listed in the first paragraph) would be perfect, we realize we might have to compromise to get something near what we have here. I’m not interested in anything east of the Mississippi, only in the NW. I’m also not particularly interested in volunteering as CG hosts as we have been there, done that for several years.

If anyone has any suggestions regarding CGs in the region, please let me know so I can do some research on them. I’ll be putting this on several forums in order to get a wider response. Thanks in advance for your recommendations.
golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #2

We are looking for something similar, but with perhaps a greater emphasis on golf,,good courses but cheap, ie 20 or so to walk with perhaps a better deal with a season pass.

Idaho Falls has 3 really nice golf courses, but we havent found a park that we would be excited about. There are a couple of possibles but not quite what we want. Later in the week we are off to Idaho Falls that has two nice courses, but havent seen the park yet, then its on to Caldwell for the same type of hunt. We think Caldwell has the park we would like, just not sure about the golf.

The weather here has been excellant, and since its what I call high desert, it doesnt rain all that much, and lows dip into the high 40's and low 50's with highs around 75 on average. The entire southern Idaho area has plenty of outdoor mountains and etc suitable for either a short day trip or even longer,,

I will repost re Twin Falls after we figure it out.
Rick&Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:18 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'll be looking forward to your discoveries! If you are interested, here in SW CO, there are a number of clubs but none that I'm aware of that you can play for $20. Most are in the $35-60 area unless you do as I did and join one with a seasonal rate. Then it comes out to about $25 or under including cart when you play three times or more a week.
golden is offline   Reply With Quote