Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2015, 03:49 PM   #1

Campground Report: Lake Waramaug, CT

[Excerpted from my blog. For the full report please visit RussOInTheRoad@wordpress.com. Want free email notices of when I make new posts? Enter your email where it says Follow Russ.]

Lake Waramaug Campground is a Connecticut State Park Campground. For CT residents it's $17 a night. I was a bit taken aback when I was billed $27 a night on the ReserveAmerica web site. It's very hard to find out what you will actually pay on their site and I wish more people would complain about this to the various entities that hire them to handle their reservations. READ MORE...
2018 Arctic Fox 29-5T 5th wheel, 760 watts of rooftop solar, four 6 volt Lifeline AGM batteries, 2800 watt Magnum inverter, 1000 watt Aims inverter, Progressive PMS, Hughes Autoformer; 2017 Ford F350 XLT Supercab diesel dually 4x4
RussOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2015, 04:13 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
"Read More" link is DOA.
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:40 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Reserve America fee is clearly $9.00/reservation in CT. That is a one time fee, so it seems like your bill should be the out of state resident rate of $27.00 X number of nights + $9.00. Sounds like they are charging you the out of state rate, as they should, unless you are now living in CT.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post
"Read More" link is DOA.
HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS! LOL.

https://russontheroad.wordpress.com/...ew-preston-ct/
2018 Arctic Fox 29-5T 5th wheel, 760 watts of rooftop solar, four 6 volt Lifeline AGM batteries, 2800 watt Magnum inverter, 1000 watt Aims inverter, Progressive PMS, Hughes Autoformer; 2017 Ford F350 XLT Supercab diesel dually 4x4
Old 06-28-2015, 07:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoon View Post
Reserve America fee is clearly $9.00/reservation in CT. That is a one time fee, so it seems like your bill should be the out of state resident rate of $27.00 X number of nights + $9.00. Sounds like they are charging you the out of state rate, as they should, unless you are now living in CT.
It's not the price with which I quibble. It's the fact you can't easily find it ahead of time.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:00 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Do not want to beat a dead horse, but you went too far in looking for rates. One click on your link, one more click on Lake Waramaug and this comes up :DEEP: Camping Areas - CT State Parks and Forests
Old 06-29-2015, 08:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Do not want to beat a dead horse, but you went too far in looking for rates. One click on your link, one more click on Lake Waramaug and this comes up :DEEP: Camping Areas - CT State Parks and Forests
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "your link", but I think you missed my point. ReserveAmerica, the concessioner that takes the money for reservations should have pricing clearly and easily acessible on their site. Don't you think? They do not.

You pointed me to the CT state parks site. They do present the pricing clearly. Why the hell doesn't ReserveAmerica and don't you think they should?
Old 06-29-2015, 07:39 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussOnTheRoad View Post
Clicked here and then on the "campground website."

I do understand what you are saying - just that I think most people start with the campground site where most of the information is and end up at Reserve America if they decide to book, so they have the info going in.

I agree that Reserve America could certainly make their site easier to navigate.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Clicked here and then on the "campground website."

I do understand what you are saying - just that I think most people start with the campground site where most of the information is and end up at Reserve America if they decide to book, so they have the info going in.

I agree that Reserve America could certainly make their site easier to navigate.
We agree about ReserveAmerica. I'm uncertain, however, that it's a safe assumption that most people begin with the campground web site. I don't have any data to suggest that is the case, or that it isn't. Do you? Personally, I tend to go about things another way. Frequently I'm using the AllStays Camp & RV app on my iPad or iPhone, then, when I see a campground I'm interested in I will Google it. It isn't uncommon for the ReserveAmerica site to be high in the list of returns and for the campground site itself to be further down the list, sometimes much fourther, and sometimes it seems it may not appear at all. So sometimes, perhaps most times, I find my way to the ReserveAmerica site before the site for the campground.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:33 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Russ, I have no data at all to back up my feelings. I am, however, surprised at how many folks I run into who have no clue what Reserve America is. Just from reading posts on sites like this, I see many who use RVPark Reviews or the like and go for there. I have to stop and remember that Reserve America's primary clients are non-commercial places like state parks, thus cutting back a bit on the number of users.

Tags
campground