Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2022, 10:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpozzuoli View Post
I feel like I hit the lottery when I get to go camping without the dog and cat. Don’t get me wrong, I like my pets, but would prefer to camp without them.

While we are on the topic why do people feel the need to bring their pooch to Home Depot and lowes? Hell, add restaurants and everywhere else to the list. What is wrong with people.

Can't leave them in the hot car? I'll never know why people take their dog anywhere on crazy hot days, unless they're on a road trip or something.
RV_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2022, 09:43 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Camping with no pets? Seriously? We might as well designate campgrounds with NO Kids or No Grumpy Old People.

It is sad at the disrespectful pet owners that refuse to control their pet or pick up after them.

Maybe the best solution is a campground with no humans in it.

I understand the gripe as we are done with campground hosting as I am tired of dealing with the growing number of disrespectful people and cleaning up after them.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 10:41 AM   #17

One of the main reasons I have an RV is so I can vacation with my pet. People don't need pets to be inconsiderate. The real solution is to hold people accountable. If they break a rule, they should be required to make it right or leave, (clean up mess, pay for damages, ect).

Also, dogs are allowed in Lowes and Home Depot. I have never seen that as a problem.
Raider47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 02:48 PM   #18

I feel your pain

Some of us are responsible pet owners. I feel your pain though. We see others doing things we don't. Most parks, if not all, provide poo bags to dispose of the dog tootsie rolls. No reason to leave them behind.

We have one dog and one cat. The cat stays inside. The sheltie barks very little, usually when someone knocks on the door. He is obedience trained and is always on a leash. It's not hard to control a pet, if they are trained. It's a bit like raising a child. I know, some of them are a mess as well.

We are full time and parks that don't take pets would limit some options. We are not all like the pet owners you are fed up with. I do understand. It irritates me as well.

Phil and Charon
Headed for the Texas Hill Country soon.
Bigtoado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 02:51 PM   #19

I Totally Agree with LHCB Ret

I totally agree with LHCB Ret. I am tired of listening to dogs bark constantly. I don't turn my music on loud so you have to listen to it and you should train your dog not to bark so I don't have to listen to it. And this is totally possible. When I had a dog before I started RVing full time, he was trained only barked when someone came in the house uninvited. You leave your dog in the RV and they bark all the while you are gone!!!!!

When I come in late and most people are already asleep, I am super quiet. Too bad pet owners that get up at 6 AM to walk their dogs can't give me the same consideration. Don't stand outside my 5th wheel and have a 15 minute conversation with your dogs barking at each other. Pick up what they leave behind - I really don't want to step in or smell it!

I am going to a park in Sebring FL for the winter season that DOES NOT ALLOW PETS!!! I am thrilled.
live today is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 03:00 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Sad to say, but I see it , and hear, even in nice hotels.
Old 10-27-2022, 03:03 PM   #21

Just like this neighborhood. The people that own- no pets. Renters- pets galore. Sounds like I live in a dog kennel. And the owners holler at the pets like it controls the pets? At the end of the street lives a vet who walks his Pit B. but never has a poo bag. Then the nature animal feeders. Neighbor feeds feral cats. Then they are here to leave their presents, (also attracts deer) sit on the porch chairs, and nest under the back porch. Call me a grumpy old vet. Sometimes I'd like to frag all the pets. And a campground shouldn't harbor noisy animals. 2 or 4 legged. Bigtoado had it right. A DOG should be trained to be quiet unless confronted on their property. "Watch Dog".
"Furbaby". Love that term. SamG.
homesteader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 03:18 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHCB Ret View Post
As a full-timer and the maintenance manager at a busy campground I look forward to going to quiet campgrounds.

I'm creating this thread for info and thank those who provide it!

I've cleaned up after all the folks whose "fur-baby" would never leave souvenirs on the playground
I've talked to pet magazine writers about proper non-offensive signage to try to stop this
I've cleaned the fur out of washers labeled "not for pet bedding"
I've knocked on doors and had the office call owners of unattended yappers
I've cleaned up bathrooms after pet owners who walked their dogs past non-aggressive dogs of "non-aggressive" breeds ended up bloody
I've listened to the incessant barking of ill mannered pooches whose ill mannered owners will stand right beside them as they do this

This in one season, and I've seen it as I vacation at the end of the season.

Call me a grumpy old man if you want. I'm actually just an adult tired of dealing with the droves of people who don't recognize that pet ownership comes with responsibility and I'd like to find pet-free peace.
I'm with ya brother, sign me up for NO PET camping, you're not a grumpy old man at all, I can clearly understand your post, our world is filled with overzealous morons who think it's fine to ruin someone else's day because they have no manners when it comes to their pets. I've had people allow their dogs poop by my picnic table and on my site, dog owners are the worst. I can give countless examples of bad human behavior with dogs. I think dogs should be banned from all Parks, recreational areas, public places, trails and campgrounds. I've noticed more and more signage on laundry rooms, bathrooms, and food areas "No Pets Allowed". Let's expand the list!!!
Tilted Kilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 03:22 PM   #23

I feel your pain, but really it’s not the dogs or “fur babies fault” show this people out the gate would be more appropriate then banning everyone with a pet, however I rather be on a campground with pets and no children for almost the same reason but that’s me

Zzotte
Old 10-27-2022, 03:32 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzotte View Post
I feel your pain, but really it’s not the dogs or “fur babies fault” show this people out the gate would be more appropriate then banning everyone with a pet, however I rather be on a campground with pets and no children for almost the same reason but that’s me

Zzotte
ME TOO! I have two little furbabies, that I try to keep quiet.......
Lady Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 03:39 PM   #25

Our cat likes to go outside on her leash and harness. Twice she has been attacked in a campground by dogs not on a leash. Fortunately the pet owners got them and moved out of my grasp before I could react. I don't blame the animals at all. There are very few bad pets but lots of very bad pet owners. Those that think we are just grumpy old men are the same ones with a lack of good common sense. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 04:01 PM   #26

We take every chance to control our pets. But pets are a large part of RV life. And there are people who don't try. But in my 37+ years of RVing in everything from an old tear drop to 44 foot diesel behemoth I've had very few problems. Sounds like your not an animal person in the first place.
You may want to consider dry camping away from people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHCB Ret View Post
As a full-timer and the maintenance manager at a busy campground I look forward to going to quiet campgrounds.

I'm creating this thread for info and thank those who provide it!

I've cleaned up after all the folks whose "fur-baby" would never leave souvenirs on the playground
I've talked to pet magazine writers about proper non-offensive signage to try to stop this
I've cleaned the fur out of washers labeled "not for pet bedding"
I've knocked on doors and had the office call owners of unattended yappers
I've cleaned up bathrooms after pet owners who walked their dogs past non-aggressive dogs of "non-aggressive" breeds ended up bloody
I've listened to the incessant barking of ill mannered pooches whose ill mannered owners will stand right beside them as they do this

This in one season, and I've seen it as I vacation at the end of the season.

Call me a grumpy old man if you want. I'm actually just an adult tired of dealing with the droves of people who don't recognize that pet ownership comes with responsibility and I'd like to find pet-free peace.
Klieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 04:10 PM   #27

I have no problem with well behaved dogs and even kids. Their behavior depends on the 'parents'. Disrespectful behavior starts at the top, the parents/owners. We are animal lovers. My daughter has 5 dogs, and except for the first 5 minutes we arrive, they are quiet and well behaved. We know all of our neighbors dogs by name.

The one thing that really irks me is the owners who leave their dogs locked up in the RV all day while they are out enjoying themselves. Of course these dogs are going to bark, they want attention. If they really love their "fur babies" they would not abandon them for hours on end. It's cruel to do this to an animal!
glwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 04:10 PM   #28

Call me grumpy too. It use to be there were fewer pets in rv parks and the percentage of responsible pet owner's was higher.

I do not know why, but a couple of decades ago more and more people seemed to take their pets everywhere. Not just rv parks but now stores too, even in grocery stores which should be illegal. Worse is that as the number of pets we have to deal wiht grows the the percentage of responsible pet owners seems to shrink..

I simply do not understand why people have a dog and spend little of no time training it or just being with it for that matter. But then that goes for children too.

I like most dogs and love all dogs that have responsible owners. I would gladly pay extra for a park that ejects anyone that has a yapping dog or does not pick up after their dog.
pokgunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground