Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2018, 05:13 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Camping Around Tampa

I know it's late to book but just trying to get a suggestion a campground around Tampa area in the end of March. Don't have to be on the water just need a decent place to stay for a week
Thanks for any reply Bob,Linda & missy
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2018, 05:28 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi,
Try Lazy Days in Seffner at https://www.lazydays.com/locations/f...rida/rv-resort. Tampa East a bit father away at
https://www.suncommunities.com/commu...ast-rv-resort/
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by new rver View Post
I know it's late to book but just trying to get a suggestion a campground around Tampa area in the end of March. Don't have to be on the water just need a decent place to stay for a week
Thanks for any reply Bob,Linda & missy

Depends on what "around Tampa" means .... give us a mileage or time to Tampa example. The Tampa area has a fair amount of campgrounds but most are "fair" at best. Also give us an idea of how much $$ you want to spend. There are a few state parks in the area (45 minutes) but most don't have sewage.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:07 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post

If you decide to go to Tampa East (right off the I4 exit), bring plenty of water filters with you. We went through a water filter every two to three weeks. Water flow goes way down about that time. The old filter looks disgusting when you pull it out.
Other than that, along with road noise from I-4, (and small sites with some soft soil) it is a nice CG.
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:00 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quail Run in Wesley Chapel was good for us.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:51 AM   #6

If you're willing to go to Lakeland - 45 minutes or so east - there's Sanlan RV Park. It's very nice, but also pricey. It's very convenient to the Polk Parkway which will take you to I-4.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:02 AM   #7

Welcome To Happy Traveler RV Park
Old 08-30-2018, 09:20 AM   #8
YC1

Lazy Daze is very nice and includes breakfast that is decent. Easy in and out and freeway access to 4 is a block away. We have been there many times and live only 40 minutes East.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:41 AM   #9
doc

Appalachian Campers
It was called Camp Lamora (sp? but I think it is Palm River RV park now,
Convenient to Tampa without the traffic. We have stayed there for the RV show in Tampa a few times. Nothing special, but price was right also.
14910 Dead River Rd, Thonotosassa, FL 33592
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:09 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
MY Favorite is Bay Bayou, especially the new side. Large concrete pads, nicely landscaped, large sites and well maintained. Reasonable rates. Quiet at night.

https://baybayou.com

GPS will have you come off Double Branch Rd, while that will work its much easier to come in from Countryway Blvd.

Close to stores, restaurants, etc. Kind of sits between Oldsmar, West Chase and Town-n-Country.

My second year here.

Much nicer looking than Tampa East, water way better than Tampa South RV Resort.

I spent a season at Tampa South, very tight roads and sites. Sites were crushed shell, lots of vacuuming needed. The tasted meh, but smelled like it came straight from the adjacent Manatee River.

I drove through Tampa East, just didn’t care for the look but don’t know anything else, could be a great place otherwise.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 04:48 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Thanks for all the reply how far from Tampa don't matter we want to look around for a week I'll be checking them all out thanks again
Old 08-30-2018, 07:30 PM   #12

If you are considering Tampa East RV Park based on their online photos, BE AWARE that may not be what you get.
We booked for 3 days in January, and on arrival, we were sent a block away to their 2nd. park that was filled with 40+ year old mobile homes!
Our site was totally surrounded by these old mobile homes that didn't want us in their space any more than we wanted to be there.
We have stayed at Lazy Days, Blue Bayou and Travellers, and they are all a much better choice.
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:57 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Belle Parc, 45 minutes north of Tampa, in Brooksville. Nice Place. We stay there for most of the winter.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:08 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
We decided to stay at lazydays thanks again
Safe travels Bob,Linda& missy

Tags
camping