Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2018, 06:53 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
https://shipshewanatradingplace.com/rv/
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2018, 04:53 PM   #16

Thanks for the additional links and advice. Seems most places are like rally camping (close together and no shade trees/buffer between sites), so no big deal for the short time I'm there.

I plan on going up into the Michigan UP while I'm there, for a few days before heading back to the deep south.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
Wow, what are the odds that two coaches from Sarasota are heading that way? My service date is May1, 2019. If you're in the same timeframe, it'd be cool to travel with you. I've narrowed down the campgrounds for the overnights on the way up there already, that I can share with you.

What did you calculate for time to get there? I am trying to stay at or under 300 miles a day, so it looks like 4 days for me. I know I'll be worn out after that and want a recharge day or 2.

Sounds good! Once we get a date and, if it's close to yours, we'll coordinate some travel times. We're the same way -- 300 miles a day. We've stayed at the Elkhart fairgrounds back in our FROG (Forest River) days. One CG to stay away from is the Elkhart KOA -- rusty, rusty water!!

Skip & Terri
Skip, did you get a date?
BTW I met a nice couple in a brand new (Nov '18) Ventana - gorgeous paint scheme (Black with grey) ain the spot next to me at Thousand Trails Claremont and they are from Bradenton. She worked in a place that I knew a bunch of people at whom we hired at a different company after theirs dissolved and she knew most of them...it was weird...Small world.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:07 PM   #18

As the season opens up, up there I called to book a couple days at Pike Lake campground, a little city owned CG on a lake - don't really need anything but electric. Today is the day it opened. Well, they couldn't talk right now, they were taking care of their seasonal customers...Sounds like the answer I get when I try to book a site down here in the winter...
Anyway, she asked me what size rig, (I maxed out their sites) and then asked if it was an older diesel , I said yes. She said they don't let them in because they sink into the ground. I told her she should be asking if I have a newer diesel - my rig only weighs 29k and some of the new ones weigh 50k.. So it looks like the place I'd hoped for is going to be a bust. Hoffman campground, next to a lake , I asked the lady if a big rig could get back in there and she said "only if you are really a good driver. We had one guy knock our gate off it's pedestal when he turned", so probably pass on that one too.
Guess it's off to the fair grounds - really didn't want to drive too far from Newmar but I guess 20 miles is not bad.
My plan is to stop at Newmar and dump and fill up with good water and then go find a place to relax for a few days. Have to be in the Newmar CG on the 30th.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:42 PM   #19

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The Elkhart Fairgrounds has very nice full hookup sites with gravel pads. The Northwest RV area is our favorite. There should be plenty sites available before May 1. On May 1, the Ramblin Pusher's Maintenance Session begins and fills the camping sites.
Old 04-16-2019, 04:55 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
Skip, did you get a date?
BTW I met a nice couple in a brand new (Nov '18) Ventana - gorgeous paint scheme (Black with grey) ain the spot next to me at Thousand Trails Claremont and they are from Bradenton. She worked in a place that I knew a bunch of people at whom we hired at a different company after theirs dissolved and she knew most of them...it was weird...Small world.
Small world indeed! Our date is April 22nd, so we'll pull into the campground there on Good Friday. Left Nokomis early and been in South Carolina for a few days.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:04 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
Small world indeed! Our date is April 22nd, so we'll pull into the campground there on Good Friday. Left Nokomis early and been in South Carolina for a few days.
Did you receive a service package with info on where to go to and when to arrive, etc?
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:21 AM   #22

Mystery solved. I made the service appt June 2018 (for May1, 2019) and I was sent a confirmation on Nov2. So of course I forgot that I received it 6 months ago, I found that email and all is good now.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:57 PM   #23

Ended up getting 3 days at the fairgrounds
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:46 AM   #24

We talked to a guy in Service there and he told us to pull into their camping area and find a spot.

Tags
camping