RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2018, 09:42 AM   #29

Whole new meaning to "POT LUCK"
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2018, 10:11 AM   #30

We're in Kansas so we vacation in CO quite a bit. I have never seen a CG, RV Park, etc. that had signage saying marijuana friendly. If I did I wouldn't be staying there. I have however seen plenty of signs that say it is NOT allowed. I will say I know what it smells like and I'm quite sure some are experimenting in the privacy of their campers blowing it out their fantastic fan's. Different strokes I guess.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:46 PM   #31

I believe it's against the law to smoke anywhere in public in legal States. Just keep it to yourself. If your talking about sitting around the camp fire with buddies getting high then you might get uninvited. If people happen to smell it, so what as long as it from the privacy of your own RV in a legal State.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:48 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
I wouldn't want to be around someone smoking a fatty in public as the smell is revolting. I prefer they drink as there are no noxious odors invading other campsites.
To me, and my nose, it's not nearly as revolting as tobacco cigarettes or, God forbid, a cigar. Those make me violent I hate it so badly.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:12 PM   #33

I am a class A driver, so i live under fed DOT laws and rules. so pot is still a crime.

if i get poped on a random drug test (crazy but to just deliver things one must forfeit the Constitutional protected rights.--aka pleading the 5th) i stand to lose everything i have.
so please, if you must get stoned do it down wind of my camp.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:24 PM   #34

Times they are a changing

I am 64, grew up exposed to a lot of freedom of expression type of folks. Have been familiar with many of the habits of folks whom enjoy the ability to decide for themselves what is good or bad for them. I personally never was comfortable being too high or too drunk, always took pride in knowing my limitations.

Now things are different, itís not your dads marijuana anymore, itís a completely different game now. Only old hippies go around lighting up joints, itís now used in a number of different ways. I found all this out when I decided to apply for a medical permit in PA, and I can say that a person is vetted fairly diligently before given the keys to the stash house.

My interest is from the medical side, it appears that pot is going to revolutionize the way many diseases are treated. For me one completely unexpected benefit is how my chronic hypertension is mitigated through the use of a blend of CBD and THC that does more for my heart than any of the meds that I have been taking for years. I see many good things coming from the decriminalization of Marijuana.

The new methods of using the product are so discreet and odorless that I can sit in a crowded public place and no one would know what I was doing. Itís a new day in the life of a chronic pain sufferer.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:29 PM   #35

Private campgrounds usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNC View Post
I am curious if anyone has come across campgrounds that are cannabis friendly in one of the legal states? I have heard that some exist but have yet to find any specifics. Not at the top of my bucket list, but something I would like to experience if and when the opportunity presents itself.
Depends on state rules and if its private property. I've never seen one that allows it yet in Colorado. Not sure of other states. Most don't because it causes friction with people who don't smoke. Smell, religious and other reasons....
Old 12-13-2018, 05:30 PM   #36

Can relate Steve, not all can have that glass of wine by the campfire to relax. Some of us have diseases that make drinking a non option, we too like to relax and not abuse either.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:35 PM   #37

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by packnrat View Post
I am a class A driver, so i live under fed DOT laws and rules. so pot is still a crime.

if i get popped on a random drug test (crazy but to just deliver things one must forfeit the Constitutional protected rights.--aka pleading the 5th) i stand to lose everything i have.
so please, if you must get stoned do it down wind of my camp.
Exactly Correct..
And under some loads there are "enhanced" drug testing required before you are given the load..or when you deliver the load...or Both..

tinkle in a cup
breath
saliva
pubic hair
blood
finger or toe nails

With the CDL...You DO NOT get a second chance..
Old 12-13-2018, 05:38 PM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Who said that?.....Nobody......don't read what's not there..and get off my lawn!.....lol
Priceless!!! I'll be laughing about this for weeks
Old 12-13-2018, 05:52 PM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Who cares what the campground will tolerate? Even if hooch is legal locally, driving or pulling an RV still puts one at risk for liability should s/he be involved in a traffic accident.

THC traces can be measured in your system for up to 30 days after consumption, and most ‘legal’ states do not have clear guidelines as to what constitutes impairment. That means even trace amounts could leave you in financial jeopardy, even if an accident isn’t your fault.

Bummer, huh?
2013 Honda CR-V
Old 12-13-2018, 06:09 PM   #40

Back in the early 70's, Thai weed was the top of the line....although earlier if you were over there
Old 12-13-2018, 06:13 PM   #41

Pot is not legal on a Federal level so you may run afoul in a Federal campground-- marijuana legal state or not. We work in a federal campground in an "un-named state" that is also alcohol-free and the administration does not honor medical marijuana cards from anywhere not is alcohol allowed. Shame on you stinky marijuana smokers...
Old 12-13-2018, 06:24 PM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
I was recently in CO for a couple months and legally bought some edibles. Me and my BIL gave a it a try and we giggled like a couple of high school girls. Our DW's were entertained but not impressed. Oh well! It was fun while it lasted.
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, alaska trip, campground