Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2018, 09:42 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfarley351 View Post
... I don't want to be on the road with a drunk or drug addict...
Cfarley... this not directed at you, just using your post as an example, ok?

I despise this distinction some people make. Like alcohol is not a drug. Sit there with your glass of fancy wine in fine stemware and it’s so sophisticated. Shaken, not stirred. Wow, how debonair. Smoke some weed and you’re a “drug addict”, “stoner”, “waste case”, etc. Dont give me any bs... both drugs are doing a similar thing, stimulating that area of our brain we like stimulated.
I quit drinking 15 years ago, and can’t enjoy cannabis due to my job. Catch up with me when I retire though. You can have your alcohol and I’ll have my cannabis. We’ll share some laughs and enjoy life together. I’ll admit mine is a drug... will you?

Curt
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2018, 09:54 PM   #58

At what point in time are you not under the influence of the marijuana in your system? It is proven that the alcohol is out of your system the morning after for casual drinkers. If you have to get behind the wheel the next morning, how do you know you're not still under the influence of marijuana? When are you sober? Educate me please.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:05 PM   #59

Outdoors RV Owners Club
There is no good physical measure for sobriety no matter what the intoxicating substance is. I'm being totally serious. The .-8 BAc measurement is fairly arbitrary, but legal under legislative language. There are tests that can be given to determine intoxication for some things, especially ETOH while operating a motor vehicle. but the amount of a substance that causes intoxication for each individual could be wildly different. Some folks drive away freely from a DWI stop even if they might be legally over .08 BAC.

Good, well documented roadside Field Intoxication Tests are only the very beginning. In WA, where I live, there is a legislated standard for MJ intox, but no good blood test to determine that level in the field, only field testing, and usually by a Drug Recognition Expert, to try to determine drug intox.

There is a lot that is simply very difficult to determine legislatively at this stage. Sometimes, things get rushed through, and only history will determine if a change to what was considered a standard to determine intox was a good or bad idea.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:25 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by raineman View Post
What one does inside their RV is their business. Hoping people don't start smoking that stuff outside so much that it stinks up the area. The strip in Las Vegas now just smells like weed. Not cool.

I suspect many want to flaunt the new laws by going overboard and smoking anywhere and everywhere.
While I understand your aversion to the aroma of MJ, I hate the smell of the hundreds of autos and buses crawling along the strip even more. They are exponentially more toxic.
I suspect the "novelty" will wane in the future. It must be mentioned that many people went from being a criminal/felon to an upstanding citizen once legalization was enacted. Or, as with any other societal change, we will come to the realization that the sky didn't fall and life will go on.
RichH
Old 12-13-2018, 10:35 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
In my younger days I was a toker and it was to get high. Plain and simple
I quit many years ago when I grew up

Medical marijuana is legal in AZ and abused. Way too easy to get an Rx

Drive by any one of the 'dispensaries' and check out the 'clientele'

YES...there is some legit use BUT if one is honest the Medical J is heavily abused
If it were legal and regulated, as alcohol is, people wouldn't be forced into playing games to avoid legal problems. There is no justification for society to legitimize one intoxicant, that has been proven to cause serious mental, legal and medical issues, and incarcerate users of an alternative intoxicant that is of a far less harmful nature. Let's be responsible adults and all make our own choices, and not have others choices forced on to them.
RichH
Old 12-14-2018, 12:19 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I see alcohol and marijuana consumption as being fairly equal in terms of how they should be used. Personal responsibility is the key here. I see nothing wrong with the sensible consumption of either by adults, in their own home or with a designated driver.

I don’t consume either because it's important to me to remain clear headed at all times. I share my life with a small monkey who can get into BIG trouble if not properly supervised.

The best part of the legalization of recreational marijuana is that it takes the profits out of the hands of criminals and helps raise money for those states that allow it. In Washington State, 30% of every sale goes directly to the state treasury. That also includes CBD products sold within the state. CBD doesn’t cause a "high" but it does have medicinal benefits for MANY people who would otherwise be suffering.

NO they are not the same. one can drink and not effect the people a couple camp sites away. but a druggie smoking a joint, bowl, etc can mess up a persons life by smoking. heck even send them to the hospital that night. as some out here have these lung problems called asthma. and copd, to just name two of them.

and there already is a pill out there so there is NO reason to get high smoking a joint. yes when done right it can be used for a medical problem. but smoking is not the correct way, unless you have advanced aid's or are doing chemo. these are the only two classes of people that should be allowed to smoke it, cause both groups tend to urp up there pills, and it increases the need to eat.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:58 AM   #63

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
There is no good physical measure for sobriety no matter what the intoxicating substance is. I'm being totally serious. The .-8 BAc measurement is fairly arbitrary, but legal under legislative language. There are tests that can be given to determine intoxication for some things, especially ETOH while operating a motor vehicle. but the amount of a substance that causes intoxication for each individual could be wildly different. Some folks drive away freely from a DWI stop even if they might be legally over .08 BAC.
Just to muddy the water, at the end of December 2018 the state of Utah will consider you intoxicated at a BAC of 0.05%. That means a DUI with one drink for an average sized woman, two drinks for an average sized man. You will need to have a designated driver for a bottle of wine with dinner.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:08 AM   #64

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by packnrat View Post
NO they are not the same. one can drink and not effect the people a couple camp sites away. but a druggie smoking a joint, bowl, etc can mess up a persons life by smoking. heck even send them to the hospital that night. as some out here have these lung problems called asthma. and copd, to just name two of thEm.

tabacco smoke would do the same

and there already is a pill out there so there is NO reason to get high smoking a joint. yes when done right it can be used for a medical problem. but smoking is not the correct way, unless you have advanced aid's or are doing chemo. these are the only two classes of people that should be allowed to smoke it, cause both groups tend to urp up there pills, and it increases the need to eat.
I, too, would prefer that those around me not smoke anything. I'm allergic to tabacco smoke and don’t want to become contact high. Edibles are a great choice. I mix CBD crystals with Nutella. Perhaps someone will make a cannibus liquid that could be consumed like wine?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-14-2018, 07:45 AM   #65

Winnebago Owners Club

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Old 12-14-2018, 08:08 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuhly View Post
About 20 years in a cell with Bubba would be about right for you potheads.
The ignorance of this post is without equal.
RichH
Old 12-14-2018, 08:15 AM   #67

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
I was recently in CO for a couple months and legally bought some edibles. Me and my BIL gave a it a try and we giggled like a couple of high school girls. Our DW's were entertained but not impressed. Oh well! It was fun while it lasted.
Good for you Scotty Enjoy our short visit on this earth Buddy!!
Old 12-14-2018, 08:18 AM   #68

If there are any I hope they post it prominently. That way I can go elsewhere. Don't need it, don't want it, don't want to be around those that do. Lots of restrictions in campgrounds in Alaska. My kind of places.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:22 AM   #69

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
If there are any I hope they post it prominently. That way I can go elsewhere.
I'm pro legal cannabis, but I agree with this sentiment. Advertising that it's allowed, or not, will help everyone find what they are looking for.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:25 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguablanco View Post
The ignorance of this post is without equal.
RichH
I don't use the stuff and I agree.
Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, alaska trip, campground