Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2006, 12:09 PM   #1

Went to Cedar Point last weekend and had a great time. They have a large camping area with several different campgrounds. Can acomodate any type RV. Perfect for the price.

2002 Newmarr Kountry Star 3566
wynedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2006, 12:09 PM   #2

Went to Cedar Point last weekend and had a great time. They have a large camping area with several different campgrounds. Can acomodate any type RV. Perfect for the price.

Old 07-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

Did you stay right in Camper Village on site?

I think that's what you're saying,although I know there are at least two campgrounds close by...just wondering as we always stay on property.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:59 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I'm hoping the security situation has improved because I wanted to go there for quite some time however I was dissuaded due to our concerns.

I'm sure it's a nice place.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:22 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> did you stay right in Camper Village on site? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, in the original circle. It was very full up with rv's of all types. They also have a newer area that extends from the circle all the way past the Mean Streak coaster. Larger sites with full hook up. But I would think the ones that back up to Mean Streak would be noisy.
As for security, we had no problem going into the park all day and coming back late. I did notice when we set up, and the morning we left, saw a Cedar Point security truck drive thru so looks like they were keeping an eye on things.
Plus there seemed to be alot of people hanging out. Not everyone in the park.
Would stay there again.

Old 07-04-2006, 05:30 AM   #6

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
What kind of security issues is (or was) Cedar Point having, Mike? I'm curious to know. The two times that I've been to Cedar Point I never experienced anything that made me feel "unsafe" at any time during my visits.

I searched on "Cedar Point" and security. About the only real incident that came up was a lawsuit against Cedar Point that had been filed by a cross-dresser who was ejected from the park on the (unofficial) "Gay Day". The park claimed he was removed because they have a policy of not admitting anyone "in costume"; and this is what they considered him to be.

This incident occurred back in 2001. Here's the link to read about it should anyone be so inclined.

Cedar Point Lawsuit
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:04 AM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

Frank, that concern interested me as well,since we've been visiting Cedar Point off and on for many years and never had an issue...

On another tack, when we used our multi-day passes at Disney World,they use fingerprint recognition devices....
Old 07-04-2006, 10:39 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:

On another tack, when we used our multi-day passes at Disney World,they use fingerprint recognition devices.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think the Disney finger reader is doing much of anything. When we were there last week, I had numerous times that my card came out and the stile unlocked before I had a chance to put my fingers in the reader. I'm thinking it likely is more for show than real.

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:10 AM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

That's certainly interesting Chris,as there were a couple of times where one member or another of our group didn't have their finger positioned correctly and it wouldn't open...

I'll have to pass this on to iRV2 moderator "Disney Camper-Scott" and see what his take is on it...
Old 08-21-2006, 03:07 PM   #10

Just to get it back on topic......

we stayed at Bayshore estates. Its 5 minutes from the gates, a fair bit cheaper, and has a drive through beer store just outside the campground gates. Pool is open late, and sites are a good size. Thier on site security was a guy at the gate checking your dash pass that had your departure date on it.

I looked at the on - site campground from the top of the big tube slide at Soak City, it looked nice, but I thought it was a little pricey.

03 Ram 3500, CTD, Crew Cab, 4X4, DRW, 6 spd, pacbrake, aFe stage 1 mega cannon with Torq tube.
The Big Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:59 PM   #11
Administrator Emeritus

Nice thoughts.....the only "plus" would be how much "price" you place on being able to head to the camper and then right back to the park....
Old 08-22-2006, 03:58 AM   #12

You're correct about location Bob... Cedar Point's campground is pricey and tight-quartered. But it's also right at the back of the amusement park, so you can enjoy some rides and head back to the coach whenever you want. Also, one other advantage is that during peak summer weekends, you get into the park before the general public out at the front gate, so you're in the front of the line to ride the rolly coasters!