Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2022, 09:04 AM   #1

Central Florida or West Florida Coast

This maybe a long shot, but I'll ask anyway.
Looking for a full service campground in Central or west coast of Florida for about a week.
We'd like a campground close to restaurants.
NOT interested in Disney or Universal Studios.
Passport America if at all possible. We're looking for May or June, 2022.
Yes, I've googled and searched the PA website but more confused now than I was before I started searching.
Thanks!
thetravelkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2022, 09:26 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Not sure what you are asking? Do you just want to find a park? OR are you finding them all booked already?

Lots of passport America parks show up in central Florida.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9877.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	356310
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 09:29 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Fisherman's Cove in Tavaras is a very nice, full-service campground. I highly recommend.
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 10:02 AM   #4

Hi pasdad1, Thanks for the reply. I've seen those PA Parks, but not knowing the area, don't know how close to dining options there would be.

We're NOT locked into a specific time...just wanting someone with local knowledge or who has stayed at a park that meets our desires.
Old 02-12-2022, 10:08 AM   #5

Just enter potential park locations in google map and click dining/restaurants. Here is an example:

https://www.google.com/maps/search/R...81.8657657,13z
Old 02-12-2022, 10:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnavycdr View Post
Fisherman's Cove in Tavaras is a very nice, full-service campground. I highly recommend.

Commander,
Looks nice! Sounds like you've stayed there.
Thanks.
Bosn4
Old 02-12-2022, 10:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnavycdr View Post
This would not be a bad base, though as a local, we've never stayed there.

Lots of chain and, more better, non-chain restaurants around in Tavares as well, Eustis and Mt Dora. We like Fish Camp and Sunnyside, O'Keefe's Irish Pub in Tavares. Some pretty awesome places in or near downtown Tavares and Mt Dora. All three towns are on the water. We are particularly fond of Lakeside in Mt Dora. Old hotel/restaurant from the 19th century, right on the lake. And then there is Tony's chowder House, Copacabana Cuban, and...

The above and much more are quite convenient to Fisherman's Cove. Reservations in that time frame should not pose an issue. It's our off peak season.
SteveJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 05:42 AM   #8

Check out Buttonwood in Cortez... they used to be a PA member, don't know if they still are as I am no longer a PA member. It's a very nice park. Several restaurants within an easy walk, and just a short walk across the bridge to Anna Maria island and the beaches and more restaurants and shops.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 05:21 AM   #9

Wow! Buttonwood in Cortez is just where I'd like to be! Couldn't finds them as a PA Park, but rates lowered after 1 April.
Thanks!
Old 02-15-2022, 05:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetravelkids View Post
Wow! Buttonwood in Cortez is just where I'd like to be! Couldn't finds them as a PA Park, but rates lowered after 1 April.
Thanks!
Great--- it's been a few years since we've camped there ( we live about 30 miles away), but drive by often. When we were there last, my PA had just expired.... I got on the phone with PA and renewed then went back into the office to finish my booking. The discount more than paid for the PA membership.
If you do go, you'll see the Seafood shack and Tide Tables Restaurant just down the street. For a more rustic fresh of the boat meal, check out Star Fish Company and Cortez Kitchen.... both are back off the main drag but close enough to walk to, if you want. Ask the CG for directions.
If you are a Moose Lodge member, our lodge is just across the bridge and a bit south. It's right on the beach. Great place to have a few cold ones and a good meal.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida