Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2018, 02:27 PM   #43

Tiffin Owners Club
Honwing,

We are in 56. I popped by again this morning, but figured you were already out on an expedition! Our daughter and granddaughter are stopping by for dinner tonight, and we are pulling up stakes in the morning, heading to Charleston SC.

Sounds like you have had a FULL experience in our Nation's Capitol. I can't keep up such a pace.

Regards.

Chuck
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2018, 04:24 PM   #44

Spent the day at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum at Dulles Airport. Never thought we would get to see the Enola Gay or the SR71 Blackbird. Also saw our second Space Shuttle, the Discovery as we saw the Atlantis at Cape Canaveral in January. The Discovery is on the floor wit landing gear down while Atlantis is suspended with Cargo Bay doors open. Got so see the best of both worlds. Thank You Gypsy for recommending Dulles. Also glad you stopped by our site today for a visit. Safe Travels to Charleston tomorrow.
We actually liked the Museum at Dulles over the one at the National Mall but you actually need to see both if in the area. Only an hour drive from Cherry Hill Park.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:56 PM   #45

one thing to consider - the busses don't run 24 hrs, so if you get to the green line station after a certain time you will need to Uber or cab to the park.
VanDiemen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 05:43 AM   #46

Every time I see this post the song Cherry Hill Park pops in my head.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:02 AM   #47

George Washington's (Mt. Vernon)
Old 04-05-2018, 11:28 PM   #48

Went to Mount Vernon last Saturday. One hour drive from Cherry Hill Park Nd worth every bit of the admission. One of the few really nice days we have had in the last 12 days. Have both a Supreme Court Tour and Capital Tour tomorrow. White House Tour on Saturday. All set up by our Washington State Congresswoman. Every time we return to the Park we also think of the song. Predicting 2” of snow here Saturday
Old 04-05-2018, 11:52 PM   #49

Cherry Hill Park has made it very easy and let’s you charge everything to your site number. All Bus Tours, restaurant meals and take out, groceries, rv supplies, and even your Metro Smartrip Cards. Just like on a cruise ship. Convenient but dangerous. Everything is settled up at checkout. Also all standard sites are not booked again until current user ha checked out allowing you to extend your stay. Not so with the premium sites. Having your mail delivered to the park works very well. They even send you an email when mail you have mail to pick up. Traffic noise from the freeways is noticeable even with double pane windows but has not bothered us. Small price to pay for the excellent location. Also taking the car to the Metro Station is much easier than taking the bus. Two right turns and a left gets you to the parking garage and you have a nice grocery store on your right when you return.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:33 AM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Are the Cherry blossoms out yet there in D.C. ?

Used to live there and the Cherry Blossom Festival was always really neat.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 05:01 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
Are the Cherry blossoms out yet there in D.C. ?

Used to live there and the Cherry Blossom Festival was always really neat.
We talked to a couple in TN that just came from DC a few days ago and at that time they have not bloomed yet. This was one of the main reasons they went to DC.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:43 PM   #52

They are in full bloom today. We we’re at the tidal Basin today to see them but possible snow tonight may damage the blooms. Predicting 28 degrees tonight here at Cherry Hill Park. They we’re also in full bloom at the CapitalClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3773.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	665.7 KB
ID:	198078
Old 04-06-2018, 10:24 PM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honwing View Post
They are in full bloom today. We we’re at the tidal Basin today to see them but possible snow tonight may damage the blooms. Predicting 28 degrees tonight here at Cherry Hill Park. They we’re also in full bloom at the CapitalAttachment 198078

Wow, very nice!
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:28 PM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
I'm staying here for the first time and I couldn't agree more about the convenience factor you can't beat it location, location... Let's talk about the bad because all parks have good and bad things about it... This is one of the noisiest parks I've ever been at due to it backing up to the expressway... During rush hours the noise is unreal between trucks using there Jake brakes, traffic helicopters there's just no sleeping in and it starts around 6:30am and doesn't stop until after 9pm.. Now with that being said I would stay here again if I'm coming to DC to checkout everything Washington has to offer but I don't think I would just stay here to stay here...
Sicduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:43 PM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicduc View Post
I'm staying here for the first time and I couldn't agree more about the convenience factor you can't beat it location, location... Let's talk about the bad because all parks have good and bad things about it... This is one of the noisiest parks I've ever been at due to it backing up to the expressway... During rush hours the noise is unreal between trucks using there Jake brakes, traffic helicopters there's just no sleeping in and it starts around 6:30am and doesn't stop until after 9pm.. Now with that being said I would stay here again if I'm coming to DC to checkout everything Washington has to offer but I don't think I would just stay here to stay here...

We’ve been there 2-3 times. We like Bull Run much better, it doesn’t have on site dump, but is very quiet and beautiful. Woods so dense your satellite won’t work.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:31 PM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Only problem with Bull Run Regional Park is the road from Rt. 29 to the park entrance. No shoulder and lots of low trees that encroach on the road. I have a few scars from my visit when passing cars left little room.
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote