Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2009, 08:26 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to OldHiker Send a message via Yahoo to OldHiker
Cleveland, OH

Going to the R&R hall of Fame and need a big rig pet friendly park. Suggestions?
OldHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2009, 08:56 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
There isn't really anything real close to Cleveland. There's a KOA in Streetsboro (about half an hour away), but I've never been there so I can't vouch for that one. A bit farther south (1hr+), my choices would be either Cutty's Sunset (ask to be put in a pull-thru in section K) in Louisville or Evergreen RV Park (where we held our 09 iRV2 Rally - pictures in the National Rally Forum) just outside of Mt. Eaton.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:57 AM   #3

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
If you're allowing about an hour travel time, to the R&R Hall of Fame, why not camp at Geneva SP? It's located northeast of Cleveland on Lake Erie where you can view lovely sunsets from the shore. Below are a few pictures of the park that I took last month (August 2009) when I was there. The park has full hookups but there are only three of them, so reserving them can be difficult. There are plenty of electric only sites to choose from. You might want to visit Ohio State Parks - Geneva State Park for more information.

Although, I've never beeen to the Rock & Roll HOF, the route from the park (at least on paper) appears to be simple and direct: OH-534 south to I-90 west. OH-2 combines with I-90 before you get to Cleveland and you would follow OH-2 all the way to the exit for the HOF.
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Punderson State Park

Camping around Cleveland is like finding a needle in a haystack. We visit our daughter in Mayfield Hgts twice a year and stay at Punderson State Park. It is about an hour drive to the R&R , but has 7 full hookup sites, and many with just water and electric, but with dump station nearby.
If I was visiting the R&R, I might think about boondocking at the walmart, since I would only be there a day.
Good Luck
Old 09-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to OldHiker Send a message via Yahoo to OldHiker
We decided that the closer we are the better. We are at the KOA in Streetsboro. It appears to be very nice and well run. It's amazing how so many KOA's ignore the breed restrictions that they post. We have visited sveral KOA's and find them hit or miss. This had a 9.5 visual rating and I do agree even though the sites are gravel. Very well taken care of and rates a reasonable.
OldHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:15 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yes, Streetsboro is really only about a 30 minute freeway ride to downtown in the non-rush-hour. West Branch State Park about another 15 minutes SE. would be good also during the week, but the weekends are always full unless you did a reservation way back. Hopefully the rainy weather will clear out soon...... Welcome to NE. Ohio......
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote