Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2021, 04:14 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowmaster View Post
Outdoor Resorts in Melbourne Beach has resale deeded lots available. It is on the Space Coast (Atlantic), about opposite Tampa, and has many amenities such as private ocean beach, riverfront lots, 3 pools, excercize and sauna room, 2 clubhouses, private owners room, post office, 2 tennis courts, shuffleboard, river boat launch ramp, river fishing pier, several shower/bath houses and laundromats. The resort is a golf cart ride away from a beautiful golf course. Excellent restaurants and entertainment abound in the area, as well as every imaginable water sport. Bonus is watching space launches from the beach. HOA fees are roughly $650/quarter, include water and garbage removal, lawn cutting, maintenance of common areas. Lot prices range from about $85,000 to several hundred thousand (riverfront lots). We own a beautiful treed lot near the river that we might be willing to sell. It is currently being rented out to rvers. Let me know if you are interested.
I am the OP. Is this the same as The Great Outdoor Resorts in Titisville? Either way yes I am interested.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2021, 06:06 PM   #44

We bought a lot in Cypress trail rv resort located in Fort Myers, FL. It is an excellent resort with many amenities and activities. It is a relatively new place with the last phase finished last year. There is currently a lot of resales available.
Dminer54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 06:13 PM   #45

I own in Cypress Trail RV Resort right next to Cypress Woods. I love the place. Also, everything is relatively new.
Old 03-30-2021, 03:07 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucurr View Post
The only problem that I have with that area is that it is out in the middle of nowhere. If you plan on staying in the park, it’s fine. If you are looking for an active community you won’t find it there. The areas surrounding Bowling Green and Wachula are mainly migrant communities. My brother lives in Bowling Green and it is not uncommon for his property to get flooded in the summer.

Welcome to Port Charlotte. Little town sandwiched between the big boys. Grew up in Sarasota, Worked in Ft Myers. 10-4 on Bowling Green, Zolfo Springs, Arcadia. Lovin' it right in the middle.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:52 AM   #47

We like being out in the country. Plenty to do if you are into outdoor activities and plenty of social activities and gatherings in the park itself. What we don't have is a lot of traffic and noise. Health care is quite good and that is important to us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucurr View Post
The only problem that I have with that area is that it is out in the middle of nowhere. If you plan on staying in the park, it’s fine. If you are looking for an active community you won’t find it there. The areas surrounding Bowling Green and Wachula are mainly migrant communities. My brother lives in Bowling Green and it is not uncommon for his property to get flooded in the summer.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 10:37 AM   #48

deemeehan I do own a lot in venture out . I don't live there I have an oceanfront home on Summerland right across from there. Bought a few years ago for an investment plus I can leave my motor home there and use the launch ramp.

Ocean and gulf access are excellent!!

John
Towboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 03:44 PM   #49

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towboy View Post
Did you ever look into Venture out in Cudjoe key Florida?
Be very careful buying "RV lots" in the Keys, we almost signed the documents but they had a disclosure in the Doc-U-Sign stating that "I understand ROGO and all of its implications".

Well I didn't so a call to the Monroe county to clarify revealed that ROGO was NOT an issue since the sewer permit was in place, but a terrible additional requirement was a BIG ISSUE! The lot was in Venture Out (but the issue can occur in other parks if they have had fixed structures, which most of the older ones have had). Some newer parks do not allow any permit required items on the lots to prevent this status change. Sunshine key keep all of their park models on wheels and move them frequently.

If a lot in an RV park EVER had a permit issued for additional structure or for tie downs, which are required for trailers that stay put for 6 months or more, that lot can NEVER be an RV lot and is now a "residential" lot for EVER!

This nice $250,000 lot that we were buying with a old hurricane ravaged trailer that was to be demolished for $10,000 could not revert back to an RV lot and to do so was a code violation. The Keys are not friendly to code violators. So all that could be done is build a park model of less than 900 sq feet, 9 feet above sea level on concrete stilts. So this $250,000 lot could only legally be a more than $600,000 tiny, stilt home and we would still have to find a place for the motorcoach.

The realtor apparently knew all of this but felt no need to disclose this fact to us, in fact stated "we're suing the county on this issue. Obviously, this was not a battle that I wanted for a premium priced lot. I called the county in October 2019 (over 1 year later) and was told that the complaint from Venture Out didn't include some paperwork and would have start all over.

While we love the Keys we are not willing to gamble on an outcome. I have not verified this since that time and 1 & 1/2 years have past so it may have changed, but we found that everything in the Keys moves slowly and the Monroe county gets more taxes this way.
John Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 03:53 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jupiter View Post
Be very careful buying "RV lots" in the Keys, we almost signed the documents but they had a disclosure in the Doc-U-Sign stating that "I understand ROGO and all of its implications".

Well I didn't so a call to the Monroe county to clarify revealed that ROGO was NOT an issue since the sewer permit was in place, but a terrible additional requirement was a BIG ISSUE! The lot was in Venture Out (but the issue can occur in other parks if they have had fixed structures, which most of the older ones have had). Some newer parks do not allow any permit required items on the lots to prevent this status change. Sunshine key keep all of their park models on wheels and move them frequently.

If a lot in an RV park EVER had a permit issued for additional structure or for tie downs, which are required for trailers that stay put for 6 months or more, that lot can NEVER be an RV lot and is now a "residential" lot for EVER!

This nice $250,000 lot that we were buying with a old hurricane ravaged trailer that was to be demolished for $10,000 could not revert back to an RV lot and to do so was a code violation. The Keys are not friendly to code violators. So all that could be done is build a park model of less than 900 sq feet, 9 feet above sea level on concrete stilts. So this $250,000 lot could only legally be a more than $600,000 tiny, stilt home and we would still have to find a place for the motorcoach.

The realtor apparently knew all of this but felt no need to disclose this fact to us, in fact stated "we're suing the county on this issue. Obviously, this was not a battle that I wanted for a premium priced lot. I called the county in October 2019 (over 1 year later) and was told that the complaint from Venture Out didn't include some paperwork and would have start all over.

While we love the Keys we are not willing to gamble on an outcome. I have not verified this since that time and 1 & 1/2 years have past so it may have changed, but we found that everything in the Keys moves slowly and the Monroe county gets more taxes this way.
Sounds more like the realtor was trying to scam you out of a quarter-million for something that would be unusable to anyone. If you can't build outside of those requirements AND you can't get a permit to build inside of them.... That's fraud.
Old 04-20-2021, 04:57 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirofoods View Post
We are planning our first winter in Florida this year, after having spent 10 winters in Arizona. We both enjoy golf, and easy access to amenities.
We're wondering how much cooler the December/January temperatures are further north versus Fort Myers. Online, the Cypress Woods resort in Fort Myers and The Great Outdoors in Titusville are our first choices. Can anyone provide some input/opinions on these two parks and areas? Much appreciated!
I’ve visited Titusville and found the depressed area that NASA deserted to be lacking in amenities and things to do in the area. Fort Myers is in a more tropical region hence warmer and no chance of a freeze. FM is also a more vibrant community and has multiple options for things to do and places to stay/own. Someone mentioned Cypress Woods as a resort and it is very nice and they are expanding. Another one, right next door is Cypress Trail. It is a newer resort and also very nice. I used to own in Cypress Trail and recently sold. It was like living on a cruise ship with all the amenities and activities - an amazing lifestyle! But... how long can you stay on a cruise ship without eventually getting bored? My wife and I lasted 3 years. I’ll miss the people bu we had to move on. This year we bought a house in Sarasota. Sarasota far exceeds both Titusville and Fort Myers put together! You might want to visit prior to investing. Good luck with whatever you do.
Old 04-20-2021, 04:58 AM   #52

I would suggest a public records search for ownership of any lot you are interested in.
Good friends found a great home at a fair price near Bradenton. Signed a contract blah blah blah. It turned out that the owner had passed and left it to her siblings in her will. The problem was that the will had not been probated yet therefore the "owners" could not sell what they didn't own. It took a year to straighten out, but the siblings did finally agree to rent them the house for a reasonable amount until then.
I find it ridiculous that the whole world still runs on Zoom and other media yet Judges are afraid to go out of their houses to get the paper on the lawn.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:31 AM   #53

We own a lot at Pelican Lake Motorcoach Resort in Naples. Prices range from 175k off lake to over 650k lakeside. Each lot has a small Coach house or that has been replaced by a larger Coach house up to 308sq ft. Quarterly fees are $1300. This fee includes grounds maintenance fir common areas and lots. Water, internet, guarded gate during season, pool and other recreation. It’s a great community. We live 15 minutes from the Resort. It’s our weekend getaway and base for summer travel. We are happy we bought here.
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:13 PM   #54

Ford Super Duty Owner
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTiger View Post
I am the OP. Is this the same as The Great Outdoor Resorts in Titisville? Either way yes I am interested.
No. 2 different places.

We live there (TGO). We like the laid back style of the area (north Brevard County) versus the hustle-bussle of the west coast of FL and the traffic of central FL. But everyone has their preference. From TGO you can get to all the attractions in central FL without traffic, Dayton & Dayton Beach area and even Melbourne if you want.

The west coast wins hands down for amenities, restaurants, etc. but at the cost of traffic and busy-ness (ditto for The Villages in the Ocala area).

TGO has tennis, golf, restaurant, church, RV repair, full woodworking shop, pickle ball, bocci ball, shuffle board, fishing, nature trails, mail facility, 24 hour manned security entrance, movies, bingo, blah-blah-blah.... and a TON of various clubs.

And..... it's not a campground. No one on top of each other, get an RV pad or a huge house - all zoned with architectural/landscape rules.

It's all those rules one may not like. But it keeps the pace nice.

Currently fees are about $270/month (paid quarterly) for security, lawn care, trash pickup, TV and internet, water, sewer, sprinkler maintenance (and probably some stuff I don't use). Pretty much the only thing you need to get yourself is electricity and phone service.

so now I sound like an advertisement.... just had a few extra minutes on my hands so thought I'd just go on-and-on.

See these links...
https://www.tgoresort.com
https://www.tgocsa.org/?SEC=DD509DF6...8-C120D27EFDC2
Old 04-21-2021, 06:46 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jupiter View Post

No sure where you got that info , but we have as lot in the Keys, in an RV park , that we purchased a 4 years ago. When we were doing our due diligence, we were advised to make sure that the improvements to the lot all had permits issued for them. That included the additional structures, electric, paving,etc, . All permits were in place and we bought the lot as an RV lot, not a residential lot.

What may be occurring in your situation is that the parcel you were looking at was established as a mobile home site vs. a transient RV site. Venture out seems to have a large number of mobile homes on the property vs. RV's.
It's buyer beware in the Keys ( or for that matter, anywhere in Florida) due to the complexity of rules that have arisen as a result of over development.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 02:50 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTiger View Post

I hope you like the sound of airboats morning, noon, and night. We stayed there for the month of January. The noise made it very difficult to enjoy being outdoors. Perhaps it's not so bad if you are up by the entrance, but then the traffic is very heavy, since it is such a large community.

On the other hand, if golf is your thing, you may not care.

Buyer beware!- Paul