Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2015, 03:56 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Devils Tower

I'm sure this is listed somewhere but I missed it. How long a Class A RV will the camp ground at Devils Tower fit. I've got a 40' and if I can fit I thought I'd spend a couple of quite nights. I drove through on a motorcycle 2two years ago but can't remember how large they were.

Thanks in advance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2015, 04:05 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Camping at Devil's Tower National Monument

Devil's Tower Campground
Open From Spring to Fall
The 50-site campground at Devils Tower is nestled along an oxbow bend in the Belle Fourche River. Sites can accomodate tents or RVs up to 35 feet in length. The campground is operated on a first come/first serve basis. There is a $12.00 per site, per day camping fee. Three group sites are available at $2.00 per person, with a minimum of 6 persons per site.Golden Age/Access discounts (1/2 price) apply to camping fees. Handicap campsites are available. Hookups, showers, and dump station are NOT available. Drinking water and handicap-accessible restroom facilities are located in the campground and at the picnic area.

They do not measure-it is just a grass field-pretty-natural-there is plenty of room for you
Deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 04:40 PM   #3

We were at the Devils Tower KOA two weeks ago., in case you need another campground suggestion. Easy in and out, plenty of room to maneuver. Good location and you can clearly see the tower....almost seems like the tower is in the campground. We are in a 42 foot motorhome with tow.
Selah2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 04:49 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Well, that means I'm to long. Guess I'll come up with another idea. I did see a small RV park on the road going south to the highway. Anyone know anything about it? It was on the east side of the road and only had 10 or 20 spots.

This was just going to be a stop on my way to Yellowstone. I'm traveling with no plans beyond seeing a few things I missed around Rapid City. Then on to Cody Then the Yellowstone area. There is an RV park on U.S. 20 with monthly rates I'm planning on to control costs. If anybody knows a good RV Park in this area with good monthly rates that you liked please let me know as I have no reservations made, so, I'm flexible.

Thanks again.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:50 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The restaurant at Devils Tower KOA shows Close Encounters Of The Third Kind every night. Kind of spooky watching the movie and seeing the real tower through the windows.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 04:52 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks Kathy, I'll look it up.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc8cappie View Post
Well, that means I'm to long. Guess I'll come up with another idea. I did see a small RV park on the road going south to the highway. Anyone know anything about it? It was on the east side of the road and only had 10 or 20 spots.

This was just going to be a stop on my way to Yellowstone. I'm traveling with no plans beyond seeing a few things I missed around Rapid City. Then on to Cody Then the Yellowstone area. There is an RV park on U.S. 20 with monthly rates I'm planning on to control costs. If anybody knows a good RV Park in this area with good monthly rates that you liked please let me know as I have no reservations made, so, I'm flexible.

Thanks again.
I remember passing the small RV park on US20. It is right on the road, nothing too special about it but is convenient to Devils Tower. I don't know the size of rig they can accommodate. I bet Google Earth can give you a good view of it as I don't remember too many trees around that park.
Selah2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 07:30 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Devil's Tower was an interesting visit, but it's not someplace you need to spend several days. But if you're out poking around that neck of the woods, do try to get up to the Little Bighorn Battlefield in southern Montana. It's right beside I-90- literally- and well worth the stop.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:36 PM   #9

If headed west check out Medicine Wheel Mountain. https://www.wyomingtourism.org/thing...FYdrfgodmygAoA
DRKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:56 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
Devil's Tower was an interesting visit, but it's not someplace you need to spend several days. But if you're out poking around that neck of the woods, do try to get up to the Little Bighorn Battlefield in southern Montana. It's right beside I-90- literally- and well worth the stop.
X2. We bought the self-guided tour (cassette tape, at that time) and it was quite interesting to see how the battle played out along with the mistakes and miscalculations. I would definitely recommend a visit to the battlefield.
VAParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 02:35 PM   #11

Here are your options for Devil's Tower. Desert View RV is a lot more reasonable than the KOA.

Devils Tower, WY Campground Reviews - Best of Devils Tower Camping - RV Park Reviews
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:22 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Thank all for the information. I was just trying to get my self to slow down and smell the roses.

Tags
tow