Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2015, 01:40 PM   #43
WDW

LOCATION....LOCATION....LOCATION ...nothing else can touch the element of being 'on property'. What you save will be spent in travel and opportunity costs.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2015, 04:22 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
Here is a number of a Agent that lives in Ft Wilderness and books for us every year.
Her name is Hilda 302.598.8892 IF there are any openings she will have them for you.
Tell her you talked to Don (Segway)

Great Advice I will call her to help us with our next trip in 6 weeks.
RELHUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:28 AM   #45

I have to do this soon. You guys have a way of making it sound so exciting. :-)
lincoln20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:43 PM   #46

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our first trip there and just got back. Stayed in 1200 loop and it was awesome. Already booked to go back week before Christmas. 4 and 2 year old had a blast. Everything in the campground was accessible by bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0216.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	86835   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0223.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	86836  

wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:17 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
Our first trip there and just got back. Stayed in 1200 loop and it was awesome. Already booked to go back week before Christmas. 4 and 2 year old had a blast. Everything in the campground was accessible by bike.
Looks like they have new picnick tables
Old 02-23-2015, 01:21 PM   #48

Winnebago Owners Club
not allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrooks View Post
Hilda can also help with golf cart rental. They are not through Disney but are nice carts and much cheaper.
Just got off phone with Disney and was told that you can only use there carts at FW. They have put a stop to outside rentals and was told dont waste your money because the other place will deliver the cart but will not be allowed on the camp grounds so you loose your money from that company
So I paid the $69.00 a day. I want my vacation to be perfect and not loose to much of my money but they are my Grand kids and they are old enough (9-14 yo) they will always remember this time. This is their first trip to Disney but of Course I have to take their mom (my daughter) to be there too.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:07 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndale View Post
Just got off phone with Disney and was told that you can only use there carts at FW. They have put a stop to outside rentals and was told dont waste your money because the other place will deliver the cart but will not be allowed on the camp grounds so you loose your money from that company
So I paid the $69.00 a day. I want my vacation to be perfect and not loose to much of my money but they are my Grand kids and they are old enough (9-14 yo) they will always remember this time. This is their first trip to Disney but of Course I have to take their mom (my daughter) to be there too.

Or bring your own.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:50 PM   #50

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
Looks like they have new picnick tables

Same picnic tables they have had for the last number of years.

We love FW, go down a couple times a year and will be there end of March! Can't wait!

We bring a toad and don't need a golf cart, but enjoy renting from time to time. I am surprised they put a stop to outside carts because in their busy time they do not have enough for the demand. That would be my only complaint. If Disney is going to stop outside companies then have enough supply for your demand.

2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
Old 02-24-2015, 08:56 PM   #51

We have been going every spring for the last 4 years. The offsite cart thing has gotten progressively more difficult. We are renting from the mouse this year. The convenience is nice versus going off property to pick up and drop off the cart.
Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:50 AM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
As I indicated in another post we were just there in January. We opted for a premium site because it was our first time but after being there I think I could squeeze into a smaller one if I had to. Yes there are tight areas but nothing that cannot be overcome. If you need help backing in or anything like that there are plenty of folks ready to assist.

Like many others we rented a golf cart from FW because it was just easier. We still have a pass for one more park and plan on returning around the Halloween time frame. Like any other popular location you have to book in advance especially during any holiday period.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1149.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	568.6 KB
ID:	87033  
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:31 AM   #53
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Ken, unless you paid extra for the privilege, that "one day left" expired 14 days after you used the first day.

In Ken's photo you can clearly see where the extra "apron" was added to the left side of the site when it was upgraded to "premium". For those sites that have not gotten the upgrades keep in mind the vegetation will go right up to the edge (as it does in this photo, but could include large pine trees) and that includes the more narrow area you can see toward the front of the site. Depending on where it is, you could have a problem negotiating a large rig into one of the older sites.

Our last time at the Fort they assigned us, with our 43' motorhome, to a site that was plenty long, if you could get into it, but also perfectly perpendicular to the narrow road. There were obstructions that came right up to the edge of the road directly across from the site. The only way I'd have gotten into that site was if I could have bent the rig in a couple of places in the middle. Ultimately it all worked out as there was another straight back in site about 20 yards away and a nice young man with a two way radio (driving the garbage "truck") that got it all squared away for us.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:44 PM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Ken, unless you paid extra for the privilege, that "one day left" expired 14 days after you used the first day.

In Ken's photo you can clearly see where the extra "apron" was added to the left side of the site when it was upgraded to "premium". For those sites that have not gotten the upgrades keep in mind the vegetation will go right up to the edge (as it does in this photo, but could include large pine trees) and that includes the more narrow area you can see toward the front of the site. Depending on where it is, you could have a problem negotiating a large rig into one of the older sites.

Our last time at the Fort they assigned us, with our 43' motorhome, to a site that was plenty long, if you could get into it, but also perfectly perpendicular to the narrow road. There were obstructions that came right up to the edge of the road directly across from the site. The only way I'd have gotten into that site was if I could have bent the rig in a couple of places in the middle. Ultimately it all worked out as there was another straight back in site about 20 yards away and a nice young man with a two way radio (driving the garbage "truck") that got it all squared away for us.
Jay,

Yes we did have to pay extra (and did) for the pass to never expire.
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:08 PM   #55

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Jay is correct on the narrowness of the non-premium sites. Ken can pull into any site, but the issue is having patio space to enjoy. That is worth all of the money for Premium IMHO.

2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
Old 02-28-2015, 08:07 AM   #56

I will be there the same time span. hope to se you
et_ky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice