Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2019, 07:05 PM   #1

Disney World at Christmas

OK. OK....I know I am nuts but I have a grown son who wants to go to Disney World around Christmas. Other than camping at the Wilderness Lodge any other suggestions that are close with easy access ie parking etc...
MW22r is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2019, 06:06 AM   #2

Christmas is both great and CRAZY, campers at Fort Wilderness really do up their sites ( Halloween as well ) and just touring the resorts is a experience as well but to camp at Disney you will need to book like over a year in advance, I would work with a travel agent, I have one that is a Disney expert if you need it, and it is no cost to you. There are other campgrounds near by like Tropical Palms, Sherwood Forest and many others, just check RV Reviews for Orlando but even those parks will fill up. Crowds in the parks are unbelievable we tell people that if it is their first time it's best to go another time as the CROWDS will probably not make you want to ever return. Good luck on your decision but it is a really neat thing to see at least once.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 12:43 PM   #3

Several months ago We decided we wanted to go the day after Christmas thru Jan. 2. No way for this year of course because Fort Wilderness was full. I found out you can make reservations 500 days in advance. I counted down the days until that day 500 before next year and still almost couldn't get a reservation. I can only imagine the madness, but still look forward to it.
sawmillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 06:32 PM   #4

Kissimmee KOA is nice.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 04:09 AM   #5

About 2005 we stayed at Fort Wilderness in one of their cabins. Actually a mobile home. It was last week of November. Many campers stayed the whole month of December into January. Many were getting their Christmas displays setup. Many Class A motorhomes had stuffed animals in their windshield right to the top. We had a great week as it was really quiet. We went to the smaller pool a couple times and had it to ourselves. We always planned to return but haven’t made it yet.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:59 PM   #6

I’m headed to fort wilderness next week with my son and his wife. I’ll be in mine and he will be in his 5th wheel. Your never to old for Disney!
Old 11-11-2019, 07:22 PM   #7

Never too old....Agreed! Have a great trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
I’m headed to fort wilderness next week with my son and his wife. I’ll be in mine and he will be in his 5th wheel. Your never to old for Disney!
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote