Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2018, 04:48 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
If my grandchildren beg me to take them to either Disneyland or Disneyworld, I will. However I will never go unless they can’t get there any other way. I just can’t imagine waiting in interminable lines with tens of thousands of other people around. Not my style.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2018, 05:10 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Disneyworld-OMG!!!!!!

Disney fans since our kids were young. We research and go on slower days. Yes there are waits but we manage to people watch and talk and love the opportunity to take our grandkids now. We go just the two of us once a year to world or land .. it’s a tradition
I submit .. while everyone posting hates the lines and crowds , the crowds and lines indicate that enough people enjoy the experience to keep the lights on in Mickey’s house
To each there own for sure .... we see it as an adventure with our fellow humans and love the challenge .. and we are in our 60’s
Btw plenty of other things to do and wait till late in the day for the busy attractions !
Old 02-22-2018, 05:13 PM   #17

Probably in the minority but I absolutely love Disney. We fast pass what we can and try to do a couple more rides. The parks don’t make it or break it for me. This is our last night in Fort Wilderness and its a little depressing, could spend the week here with no parks and the kids would love it.
KHBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:18 PM   #18

I've taken both my kids so I've been to Disney for the last time. It's just not my scene.

Happy to leave my spot open for some else to enjoy...please! Go to Disney and leave the beach, mountains, and forest to me [emoji41]
Old 02-22-2018, 06:38 PM   #19

We are avid disney people. Granted we only live 2 hours away and have passes. We will absolutely never ever wait more than 30 min in line he'll we barely stay in any park more than 4 hours. Even my name 9 year old daughter says that any ride is not worth a crazy wait. If you stay at the fort you have so many options. Just saying [moderator edit] the wait and have fun.
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:46 PM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
What is the average overnight fee for Fort Wilderness Campground?
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:52 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
100 -150 a night
Old 02-22-2018, 06:53 PM   #22

Truly it varies so much. We like the premium site bigger close nicer. It also depends on the time of year . But any were from. 90 and up if you go during a holiday or spring break. Expect to pay a premium. We're going during spring break and we will be paying 170 and night for a site
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:08 PM   #23

Disneyworld-OMG!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freqz View Post
I've taken both my kids so I've been to Disney for the last time. It's just not my scene.

Happy to leave my spot open for some else to enjoy...please! Go to Disney and leave the beach, mountains, and forest to me [emoji41]

Agreed!
I was at Disney FL 7 times to work. When done, I got a free pass to the parks.
On my 3rd trip there, and all other trips, I went bass fishing!
$150 per night and long waits, and high-tech magical people and critters can never compare to being off-road and seeing sceneries and live critters for REAL!

There are many finer experiences than Disney. My kids and grandkids prefer real-world outdoor adventures, hiking, fishing, climbing, and the glory of nature!
Now, I have a great-granddaughter to spoil!

YMMV
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:11 AM   #24

We went there a year ago and even with the fast pass there was long lines. The lines are longer and the rides are shorter. We won't go back. We have friends that go several times a year and we cannot figure out why. It also is very over-priced.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:51 AM   #25
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
We took the grand kids to Dollywood TN. last summer. It was a great experience and absolutely no lines. Tickets were cheaper too.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:26 AM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Disney is not an E ride anymore
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:04 AM   #27
YC1

Any new ride at Disney is going to have a terrible line. I remember Star Tours in Calif with a three hour wait.

No way I will wait more than 90 minutes for any ride, even a new one.

The new rides take pressure off the older ones so we benefit from that.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:27 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
While I do prefer the original fast pass system, where you had to be in the park to make them, the system does address the "standing in line" issue.

Prior to the fast pass you had no option but to stand in line, be it 10 minutes or a couple of hours, if you (or your kids) just had to get on that ride. Now with "reserved" times, you can be doing or enjoying other things until your fast pass window (you can show up anytime within an hour long window) opens up at which time you're unlikely (but can) to have to wait more than 10 or 15 minutes.

It is still possible to enjoy a full day in the parks, but it takes some planning. We've helped friends bringing family maximize their enjoyment. Number one tip, show up when the park opens, you should be able to get on a few of the popular rides before the crowds build. Make your fast pass reservations starting just after lunch. A couple of hours before closing the crowds can die down significantly also, the young ones have had enough and are back at the resort in bed.

If you have reservations at one of the Disney resorts you can start to make those fast pass reservations 60 days before your arrival when you should be able to get most anything you want. You also have to be cognizant of the time of year you come. While there are no longer any times with no crowds, there are times when you can expect them to be much smaller, on average.

Unfortunately the days of a spontaneous visit to Disney are gone and no one laments that more than we do, but spending winters so close (20 minutes from any of the parks) we won't spend more than three or four hours in a park at a time anyway and can usually get fast passes for something we enjoy, if not our first choice.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote