Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2017, 08:13 PM   #1

Disneyworld Parking

We are planning a family destination Thanksgiving next year and are planning on going to Disneyworld. Looking for a spot to park that has easy access to the park. I have already checked on the Wilderness park inside the grounds. Any suggestions where to park that offers easy access to Disneyworld?
Arby49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2017, 08:16 PM   #2
3wt

Stay at Fort Wilderness, they have boats that take you right to the parks.
3wt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 08:20 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I agree with the suggestion to stay at Ft. Wilderness, if it fits your budget. If you have family members that do not have an RV, there are "cabins" that they could stay in, and the atmosphere at the Fort during the holidays is spectacular!
DebbieT11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 08:22 PM   #4

As stated, there is no room in the inn at this point. Anyh places nearby?
Old 12-19-2017, 08:26 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby49 View Post
As stated, there is no room in the inn at this point. Anyh places nearby?

It’s not out of the question to get reservations for next thanksgiving..... they always have cancellations

Keep trying....
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:00 PM   #6

I will keep trying, but want to cover my bazes as well.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:02 AM   #7
3wt

Every year when I go to make reservations for Christmas they are always full. But I just keep checking, some times 2 or 3 times a day. But I have never had a problem eventually finding a reservation at Fort Wilderness. When one comes open you got to be quick though or it will get filled
Old 12-20-2017, 06:12 AM   #8
3wt

Yes they are several rv parks in the area, Disney has bus and rv parking as well at the entrance as well
Old 12-20-2017, 07:33 AM   #9
YC1

All roads lead to Disney.

There are lots of RV parks within easy driving distance. You will hit some jams at times but they generally are not long.

With multiple parks on property you will drive to Epcot and park there, or to the Animal Kingdom and park there and of course Hollywood Studios too.

To get to the Magic Kingdom you will park in a huge parking lot and can take a monorail, boat, or bus.

This is the ticket and transportation center. From this place you can take a bus to any of the park. You can ride the monorail to the Magic Kingdom or to Epcot but that is it for the monorail.

All of the transportation is free so no tickets needed. You will pay for daily parking unless you have a pass that covers that. Daily parking is around $22.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:49 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We like the KOA in Kissimmee any time we can't get into Fort Wilderness.
The KOA has some really long pull throughs, it is well maintained and is an easy drive to Disney.
They also have nice cabins if you have family without RVs.
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:23 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
If you want to park at Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, etc. They will always park RVs at the end of a line facing the exit road.... no worries! There are plenty of campgrounds in the area; you just have to do some research.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:10 PM   #12

X2 on Kissimmee KOA. The Fort for visiting Disney would be my first choice so maybe continuing to check for cancellations would be worth the time.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 04:14 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
We wanted reservations for FW in late January (18). Waited way too long to get started on this. The reservation system said they were full-up. I called and finally got to talk to a human. Same answer, coated in sugar.

Once before we just showed up and got a spot, no problem. So I thought I’d try a different approach.

We wanted five nights, Monday through Friday. Not available. So I reduced it to four nights. Not available. At three nights, (Monday - Wednesday) I got a hit. Made the reservation.

Since then, I’ve been checking every day or two. Yesterday, I was able to pick up Thursday night. I think picking up Friday night could be a problem, but I’ll keep trying.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:25 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaton View Post
Since then, I’ve been checking every day or two. Yesterday, I was able to pick up Thursday night. I think picking up Friday night could be a problem, but I’ll keep trying.
This is exactly how you do it! Their reservation system is awkward at best.... there are spots available, just have to cobble your reservation together! And sorry, from your first post, I did not understand that Ft. Wilderness was full, just that you had checked on it and were asking opinions about other places. Turkey Lake is another location not mentioned.... not fancy but OK.
DebbieT11 is offline   Reply With Quote