Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2017, 07:44 PM   #1
DFR

Evergreen Owners Club
Downtown Detroit

Looking for the closest and safest rv park for the dear wife to stay at while I am in the hospital. Anyone have any ideas?

340 RK
DFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2017, 07:11 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
There's a wonderful RV park in the Holly area. It would be an hour drive though. Of course, if you don't find something closer you could always enjoy a couple of days at the Holly park before your hospital stay and your wife could stay at close hotel depending on the length of stay. I'm pretty sure it was called the Holly recreation area and it looks like its part of the Michigan DNR.
What hospital are you going to be at? I'll ask my BIL who works at one of the Detroit hospitals if he know of anything close.

Good luck and get well!
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 06:52 PM   #3
DFR

Evergreen Owners Club
Gonna be spending a couple weeks at Detroit Medical Center. Probably going to be in the area for about a month.

340 RK
DFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:41 PM   #4

no offense to anyone from the area, but no chance in #e!! I'd let my DW stay in a motorhome in Detroit.

hope your medical issues resolve quickly and successfully.
cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFR View Post
Looking for the closest and safest rv park for the dear wife to stay at while I am in the hospital. Anyone have any ideas?
Sorry for your health issues...I hope all goes well! Have her somewhere in northern suburbs...not in the city. I grew up at the northern detroit border...worse now!!!!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
There's a wonderful RV park in the Holly area. It would be an hour drive though. Of course, if you don't find something closer you could always enjoy a couple of days at the Holly park before your hospital stay and your wife could stay at close hotel depending on the length of stay. I'm pretty sure it was called the Holly recreation area and it looks like its part of the Michigan DNR.
What hospital are you going to be at? I'll ask my BIL who works at one of the Detroit hospitals if he know of anything close.

Good luck and get well!
Holly would be good...hotel good too.

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 05:18 AM   #7

How about hopping the boarder and staying in Windsor. The is a campground less than 15 minutes from boarder. Which hospital in Detroit u staying in? Henry ford or dmc? They are both 10 minute or less from both the tunnel or bridge.

Windsor campground is the closest.
Double B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 05:50 AM   #8

Holly not bad, but Brighton might not be bad either. Thinking of their access to the freeways. Still going to be quite a commute. Rush hours to be avoided for sure!

Pontiac Lake is an often overlooked park that's nice, but it's not real convenient to the x-ways.

Windsor camping may be closer from a distance perspective, but what about bridge or tunnel back ups? I haven't been across either in a while, but when I have, I ALWAYS expect some delay.

From a safety standpoint, there would be no concern regarding any of them on my part.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFR View Post
This place is about 15 miles away.
Detroit Greenfield RV Park: detroit campground Detroit Campground

The other place is Hass Lake in New hudson. (Least recommended due to 1 mile dirt road leading into the park)

Depending on time of day it is 20 min or so downtown.

On the east side of the area is
Home | Camp Lord Willing RV Park & Campground
Old 07-01-2017, 09:23 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
When we wanted to visit the Henry Ford museum we stayed at Harbortown RV park in Monroe, just minutes to the south.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:54 PM   #11

We just stayed at the Wayne county fairground. Very nice. A bit from Detroit, but very safe. Not sure when the fair actually is. Worth a check out
TsuSM70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow