RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2019, 02:47 PM   #1

Duck Creek RV park Paducah Ky

Has anyone staid at Duck Creek park in Paducah KY I've looked at there web site and checked out reviews but a lot off places screen there reviews. I'm looking for a place to stay a week or 2 if I can get around the flooding.

Paul 2016 30' passport with 2 slides
Wolf222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2019, 04:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf222 View Post
Has anyone staid at Duck Creek park in Paducah KY I've looked at there web site and checked out reviews but a lot off places screen there reviews. I'm looking for a place to stay a week or 2 if I can get around the flooding.

yup...many times. it's one of our go-to parks when in the area. if you have rooftop satellite you'll probably want to be in the area to the rear of the office...little to no shade back there. if you want shade an up front spot will be more to your liking. it's quiet and clean with a mix of fulltime, seasonal and travelers. there's a nice, good sized enclosed doggy run. it's not the prettiest part we've ever been in but it also ain't run down or ugly. staff is friendly and they'll likely give you a small rubber or plastic duck as a souvenir. and your RV will have no trouble fitting in. we have a 39' class A pulling a jeep SUV. the pull thrus are more than adequate to handle that.
rk911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:29 PM   #3
doc

Appalachian Campers
We have stayed there several times as we head to South Dakota. The original owner had MS and he and my wife would talk about their conditions. The last time we were there (2016) the new guys had taken over, but it still remains basically the same. FHU, level and dirt/gravel sites behind the office. Easy in and out. Not a resort, lot of working class sites for construction workers in the area. There is an auto auction next door but that is not a bother. We like the place and the prices are OK. Hope the new guys do well. We definitely will stay there when we head back to SD again
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:26 PM   #4

Stayed there 18 months ago just for a night. Previous descriptions seem right on. The name makes it sound like it's a wildlife destination in the woods, but as Doc said it's more of a working class place and alongside a busy road. It was clean and spacious though. I'd definitely stay there again, but not sure why anyone would want to stay for 2 weeks unless visiting friends or family nearby.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:42 PM   #5

We stayed there last year in early Feb. on our way home from Texas. Didn't stand out good or bad, our stay was uneventful. I do remember that if it's your first time staying - they give you a truck duck. (little rubber ducky).
Old 03-10-2019, 08:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf222 View Post

Spent our 1st overnight there on our very 1st camping trip. Still have that rubber duck in out current RV. A good stopover and would defiantly stay there again. Nice people and they had a nice little pool too.
slowlanelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:12 PM   #7

I've stayed there in 2016 and here is my blog post about it.

https://bigdudesramblings.blogspot.c...aducah-ky.html
Big Dude is offline   Reply With Quote