Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2020, 12:04 PM   #71

Foretravel Owners Club
Well Some good news(for Us)..Current RV resort has relaxed their 10 year rule (just re-listed our coach to a '10) and moved us into a monthly spot (fully half the rate of weekly) but.. for a minimum of 4 months.. Governor has applied a bit of pressure on behalf of the retirees that are also full timers..

Mgmt also stated that they had all of their scheduled rally's for the rest of the year cancel.... For them that is a drastic loss of revenue.. (btw.. they are listed as a "RV Park/Resort" opposed to a "Campground" so are exempt from the Governor's "Fed/State.County/city/private campground rulings.)
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2020, 01:48 PM   #72

Freightliner Owners Club
Got an email yesterday canceling our Las Vegas reservations for April. Last day they will accept a new arrival is April 6.

Just make sure you have a place to go before you leave your current park.
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 11:20 PM   #73

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler of california View Post
got an email yesterday canceling our las vegas reservations for april. Last day they will accept a new arrival is april 6.

Just make sure you have a place to go before you leave your current park.
true story this !!!
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:03 AM   #74
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
It is sad to say that some campgrounds are more interested in the almighty dollar over the future business and customers safety. Places like Encore is placed on my...Never stop there list.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 03:44 PM   #75

UPDATE TO PREVIOUS POST:

Recent spring trip cut short, 5 weeks planned and lasted 11 days. Reservations at several RV parks and 3 RV rallys.
Giving credit where credit is due, 3 RV parks returned deposit with small or no charge they are:
Buckhorn RV (Kerrville, TX),
Hacienda RV Park, (Las Cruces, NM) and
Fallbrook RV Resort (Houston, TX).
Some RV parks took credit card but made no charge as we canceled more than 24
hrs in advance.

Our 3 rallys were (all canceled by sponsors):
Diesel RV Club – an FMCA chapter returned full deposit
Cajun Rally, Rayne, LA returned full deposit
FMCA 101 Convention, Tucson, AZ, DEPOSIT HAS BEEN RETURNED
BillRoberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 04:47 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Gir View Post
Hi All,

I'm up in Vancouver, BC Canada and just wanted to add my 2 cents worth.

California is one of the worst US states to be hit by this virus. With swimming pools and sports facilities still being open, I'm not surprised!

Our Provincial campgrounds as well as National Parks have been closed for the past 3 weeks. Also only take-out is available for restaurants.

Those who live full time in RV parks are to self distance, the same as anyone else. The country as a whole has been practicing this.

Now with all the Snowbirds and vacationers returning, we have all been "asked to stay at home as much as possible", due to the influx of so many in a short time returning home. This is why Canada has not seen the number of infected persons or deaths that have have incurred in the US.

I live full time in my 30' 5th wheel with my dog, on private property, so it is easier for me to self distance. That being said, I have been laid off from my full time job, with no way to pay for next months rent. But I will be healthy and alive!!!

Maybe when all this has blown over and things are back to a more normal way of living, try calling/writing to the head office of this company, or report it to your Consumer Affairs Dept. or the BBB.

Stay Safe Everyone and remember 2 meters (6.7 feet)
Actually considering the size of the state and the population we are doing quite well thank you very much
Old 04-15-2020, 05:41 AM   #77

I had reservations at Mtn Home RV resort in N.C. and another a few miles away in anticipation of my nieces wedding. The wedding was postponed. I called both CG's and they happily refunded deposits. I would expect nothing less under the circumstances.

Thanks for the heads up on Encore.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote