Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2021, 03:35 PM   #1

Fargo, ND RV parks?

We're planning our fall trip out west and we're looking to spend maybe 3 days in Fargo, ND before heading on west. I'm having trouble finding an RV park that looks like it would work for us. 45' class A towing a Wrangler. None that I've found have decent reviews or will accommodate a rig our size with a requirement for 50 amp power. Sewer I can probably get by without. Anybody got suggestions for a good place to stay? We don't do Walmarts and try to avoid truck stop overnights. The noise freaks out the dogs.
Thanks.
jbstok is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2021, 04:31 PM   #2

What's wrong with 30A Site...fall shouldn't need A/C

https://www.bing.com/search?q=campin...ANNTA1&PC=HCTS
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 04:49 PM   #3

Wagner Park, Barnesville, MN - 50A - 27mi from Fargo

Red River Valley Fairgrounds - 50A - in Fargo - check that there's no activities going on. We've stayed at fairgrounds often. Good price. Big sites.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 08:01 PM   #4

I have looked at Fargo a couple of times in the past for a place to stay, as my brother lives in town. Planning on visiting next year and will probably maneuver the trailer into his driveway.

The Lindenwood city campground gets poor reviews for being somewhat trashy and its practically under the interstate where it crosses the river, meaning its quite noisy.

The fairground looks quite promising, especially for a large rig, as it is close in to town and has 50 amp power.
https://www.campgroundreviews.com/re...lley-fair-8485

Across the river in Minnesota is Buffalo River State Park and it has a decent campground, and is not far from the Moorehead/Fargo area.

The Youtube channel GRAND ADVENTURE stayed at Buffalo River last summer on their Heartland 2020 tour and liked it. Watch this video on things to see in the Fargo area and his review of the campground. Fargo | North Dakota Minnesota RV travel camping museums adventure

Charles
Old 01-24-2021, 08:37 AM   #5

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Hopefully we can find something that will work for us.
jbstok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:24 AM   #6

We stayed at Linwood as an overnight stop on our way to Badlands. We liked it and felt safe. The traffic on the interstate died down at night and our trailer is insulated enough to drown out what little noise there is. I like it because I could take the dog on a walk. We wished we had more time to stay so we could kayak.

I don't remember what they had for services at the pedestal, we only had a trailer with 30 amp at the time.

We don't do Walmart or truck stops. I can't say about any other park in the area but we would have problems staying at linwood again.
ktn1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:22 AM   #7

Sorry, meant to say we wouldn't have a problem staying at that park..
ktn1966 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rv park