Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2015, 08:44 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagosajoe View Post
Best place - Mesa Verde. Take the special, limited ranger guided tours to places the public normally doesn't get to see, limited to a handful of people. Get your tickets early. Amazing!

Mesa Verde RV Resort is right across highway 160 from the entrance. They offer a 20% military discount.

Avoid? Can't think of any....

Mesa Verde is my favorite too!
Bobcat12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2015, 04:48 PM   #30

Glacier National Park. Save it for last, because it is AWESOME. Grizzly bears, moose, deer...and NOT a million tourists in buses...like Yellowstone or Yosemite. I would drive back there from Miami in a heartbeat. Just make sure it is in July or August, to be sure the Going to the Sun Highway over Logan's Pass is open.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3240.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	82978  
Air Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:59 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
From our Coach and Harley trips out west.......every state has its own special places to see and do.......no matter where you and your family go and no matter what you see........you will remember it for sure! It is beautiful anywhere out west!
Old 01-09-2015, 06:40 AM   #32

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Baron View Post
Glacier National Park. Save it for last, because it is AWESOME. Grizzly bears, moose, deer...and NOT a million Chinese tourists in buses...like Yellowstone or Yosemite. I would drive back there from Miami in a heartbeat. Just make sure it is in July or August, to be sure the Going to the Sun Highway over Logan's Pass is open.
That looks like Cour'dalane (sp) ID. Beautiful
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:10 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
These are all great places, I would plan to start at Rushmore then on to Devils tower then Yellowstone and on to the most beautiful in lower 48 states Glacier National Park.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:27 AM   #34

If you want to stay in Yellowstone you need reservations a year in advance. Especally if you want a cabin.
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:02 AM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
I get a kick out of seeing all the answers to what is available west of the Mississippi yet not a one actually mentioned the Mississippi it self. Having navigated that river from the Mouth of the Ohio to St Paul, Mn several times on our boats and remembering all the good times and sights, I gringe at all that was missed by so many! Even a pig farm, a crop or wind farm in the midwest has it's source of beauty and taking the time to visit places like the Amana Colonies or Staying in a bed and breakfast in Davenport, Ia or Galena, Ill shouldn't be missed. Anybody ever hear of the history of General Dodge or Ullysis Grant's house in Galena. Following the Lewis and Clark Trail accross the USA offers more sights than any one 3 week vacation can offer.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:50 PM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckiest Dreamer View Post
I get a kick out of seeing all the answers to what is available west of the Mississippi yet not a one actually mentioned the Mississippi it self. Having navigated that river from the Mouth of the Ohio to St Paul, Mn several times on our boats and remembering all the good times and sights, I gringe at all that was missed by so many! Even a pig farm, a crop or wind farm in the midwest has it's source of beauty and taking the time to visit places like the Amana Colonies or Staying in a bed and breakfast in Davenport, Ia or Galena, Ill shouldn't be missed. Anybody ever hear of the history of General Dodge or Ullysis Grant's house in Galena. Following the Lewis and Clark Trail accross the USA offers more sights than any one 3 week vacation can offer.
Agree, but......the area has a ton of things to do.....as any place, but do not produce pictures like this........

I have traveled, and the western state's are in bedded in my memory with the things I have seen out there.........Mississippi and east.......wonderful also........Want to mention, if one has the time, Glacier Park.......then north.......into Canada to see what the western Rockie's really are like!
Old 01-10-2015, 08:17 PM   #37

Thor Owners Club
Grand Canyon, Grand Teton//Colter
Old 01-11-2015, 08:12 AM   #38

Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Staying at KOA Salome AZ. Thru The Summer, & Loving It..
Send a message via AIM to Bilgerat
Hi Again,Graniteman
I Love IRV2, so many Great People & Ideas You stated You want this to be a special Family Trip. Has your family made any decisions?
I recommend:
1. Check out TrailLink.com You can search by state various Bike Trails you may wish to include in your travel plans.
2. I highly recommend you stop in at your Library Video Section; they should have videos of all the great places that have been recommended and they are very informative. This allows your family to enjoy an hour tour, including history and highlights of an area. Could give an insight to what peaks an interest.

Then contact each state's tourism site and download updated info for review & planning.
Please consider the advice of weather warnings for various locations.
Looking forward to hearing from Ya.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:36 AM   #39

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckiest Dreamer View Post
I agree it should not be missed. I loved the Mississippi and St Croix (sp)
I have gone from Mpls/St. Paul to Iowa by boat.(Cruiser) Not far but still a blast and seeing all the small river towns and going thru a Lock & Dam should also be done. So far best vacation I have ever been on. Just me and a old friend. Nothing like camping on the beach and having a barge go by you @ night.. Kinda like in a CG and have a train go by.
Even going down HWY 61 that follows the Mississippi, a great time. We took that trip in the MH for a few miles last year, A good time and lots to see and do.
Plan a trip you won't be sorry.
JS,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote