Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2016, 09:53 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
First time poopoo dumping

Hi tomorrow morning going to camping world to empty my tanks

Do you guys recommend to fill top my fresh water tank and lp gas ? Or just half

Thank u in advance
Jacobnino is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2016, 09:57 PM   #2

Fill propane tank. Water tank 15 gallons if you are going someplace with water. Put 5 gallons of water in both black and gray tanks along with soap product and Calgon.....if there is a septic where you are headed. Happy Camping
megehrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:04 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by megehrs View Post
Fill propane tank. Water tank 15 gallons if you are going someplace with water. Put 5 gallons of water in both black and gray tanks along with soap product and Calgon.....if there is a septic where you are headed. Happy Camping
Ok perfect, how you put 5 galons on black tank?
Sorry is first time haha
Old 10-19-2016, 10:07 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
J...
If it is above freezing, fill the fw and Propane.
If it below freezing drain all tanks and winterize.
There is a part of your profile page that you should put info about your Rv and location in. Signature!
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:14 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN L View Post
J...
If it is above freezing, fill the and Propane.
If it below freezing drain all tanks and winterize.
There is a part of your profile page that you should put info about your Rv and location in.
Humm i remember that i put my location and info of my mh
Anyways im in los angeles north los angeles the lowest we get is 50 or 48 my motorhome is a 97 winnebago itasca sunrise 33rq
Old 10-19-2016, 10:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobnino View Post
Ok perfect, how you put 5 galons on black tank?

Sorry is first time haha

If you have a black tank rinse fitting, you hook up a hose (a hose dedicated for this purpose...not your drinking water hose) and add 5 gallons. I just turn on the water for about a minute.

If you don't have a black tank rinse fitting, dump 5 gal of water down the toilet.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:24 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavingABlast View Post
If you have a black tank rinse fitting, you hook up a hose (a hose dedicated for this purpose...not your drinking water hose) and add 5 gallons. I just turn on the water for about a minute.

If you don't have a black tank rinse fitting, dump 5 gal of water down the toilet.
Thank u very much , first time poopoo dumping its existing XD
Old 10-19-2016, 10:29 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have two toilets and after dumping I put a half cup of Dawn dish soap in the toilet and then block the flushing gate open and run about three gallons of water in.

How to make a signature for your RV so we can serve you better.

1 .Click "User CP" on left side of the screen in about the middle.
2. Click "Edit Signature" on left side 7 bars down under Your Control Panel.
3. Fill out your signature information.
4. Click "Save Signature"
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:33 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
I have two toilets and after dumping I put a half cup of Dawn dish soap in the toilet and then block the flushing gate open and run about three gallons of water in.

How to make a signature for your RV so we can serve you better.

1 .Click "User CP" on left side of the screen in about the middle.
2. Click "Edit Signature" on left side 7 bars down under Your Control Panel.
3. Fill out your signature information.
4. Click "Save Signature"
Thank u , i didt know about the dish soap
Old 10-19-2016, 10:37 PM   #10

I think the key questions would be, are you going to stay in a nearby campground where there are hookups, will you be traveling several days before arriving where hookups are available, boondocking, or are you going home and parking the RV?

Our propane and fuel are always full when at home or when starting on a journey. We seldom stay where there are hookups and when leaving home the fresh water is full and black and gray are both empty, they will start to be filled soon enough and more available space for that is better (IMHO). When parked at home all tanks are empty, but there is a good argument for keeping the dump valves wet.

That's just the way I do it, others may differ.

Steve
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:46 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dix39 View Post
I think the key questions would be, are you going to stay in a nearby campground where there are hookups, will you be traveling several days before arriving where hookups are available, boondocking, or are you going home and parking the RV?

Our propane and fuel are always full when at home or when starting on a journey. We seldom stay where there are hookups and when leaving home the fresh water is full and black and gray are both empty, they will start to be filled soon enough and more available space for that is better (IMHO). When parked at home all tanks are empty, but there is a good argument for keeping the dump valves wet.

That's just the way I do it, others may differ.

Steve
Thank you very much steve ill come back home
But my wife wanna go camping soon , now its windy so maybe in one week or two we'll be out for the weekend only