Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2007, 09:53 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I finally convinced my wife to take a trip to Quartzsite next week. I've heard all of the talk about the place and I have wanted to take a look see for a couple of years and next week I get my shot.

We're going to take a day trip to Lake Havasu and see London Bridge and another day trip to Yuma to buy some dates in the little California community of Bard. Very good prices on dates if you like them.

Going to have Brazel's crew update their Ultrapower on the MH and my truck. Whatever magic they do sure works good.

It's about time to turn the heat up because it has been cold, by SoCal standards at least, for a couple of weeks. Bring on some of that global warming. See ya later.
skipsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2007, 09:53 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I finally convinced my wife to take a trip to Quartzsite next week. I've heard all of the talk about the place and I have wanted to take a look see for a couple of years and next week I get my shot.

We're going to take a day trip to Lake Havasu and see London Bridge and another day trip to Yuma to buy some dates in the little California community of Bard. Very good prices on dates if you like them.

Going to have Brazel's crew update their Ultrapower on the MH and my truck. Whatever magic they do sure works good.

It's about time to turn the heat up because it has been cold, by SoCal standards at least, for a couple of weeks. Bring on some of that global warming. See ya later.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:54 PM   #3

skipsor,
we just got back from our first trip to Quartzsite. Talk about one big swap meet!! It was cold and rainy for a couple of days but once that cleared out the weather was great and lots of stuff at the swap meet. Dont even think you can see it all.... you CANT!

Try Indio for Dates or if your on the 10 about 20 miles west of Palm Springs is a great place called Hadleys. Its in Cabazon (near the outlet center)... great date shakes and all kinds of dates
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:11 AM   #4
paz

I'm sitting here in the Scaddan Wash 14 day camping area on our first trip to Q. As hrhuggie says, this is one huge swap meet! For a first-timer, everything can be a bit overwhelming, but after making our way around for a day or two, things are getting a little more familiar.

Weather has been <STRIKE>cool</STRIKE> cold at night, but is supposed to warm later this week.

C'mon out, bring your walking shoes and some cash.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:16 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have heard about the "bring your cash" thing from a couple of friends who have been there. I'll bring a little but not enough to raise my wifes suspicion...if you get my drift.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:17 AM   #6

This is our second trip to "Q", our first was last year and we stayed in the "free" area at exit #17 called Dome Rock. This year we're with a group from "Escapees" and are staying at the BLM Laposa South.
Its all the same desert, but a big difference in how you camp. Here at Laposa we have a water, dump, and trash station (the dump line yesterday afternoon around 2pm was 33 rigs). Last year we had to go to town to dump and get water( if I remember right the line was about an hour long, but our biggest problem was trash, there's nowhere to get rid of it without breaking some kind of law(like using a restaurant's or a supermarket's dumpster).
All in all the living is real easy out here though and wouldn't trade it. The sunrises and sunsets are well worth the trip. Oh ya, they have a vendor area here too.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:32 PM   #7
paz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Magic:
...but our biggest problem was trash, there's nowhere to get rid of it without breaking some kind of law(like using a restaurant's or a supermarket's dumpster). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
For those staying in one of the areas without trash disposal, the Quartzsite refuse station is open to the public to dispose of trash for free Sundays through Wednesdays. The dump is on the west side of AZ 95 (north of town near Hi Jolly 14 day area).
paz is offline   Reply With Quote