Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2014, 08:53 PM   #1

FL Gulf side CG recommendations

I know I am late, but health problems created change of plans.

Looking for experienced recommendations. Considered Rock Crusher, but it seems to lack sunshine. I would like to be further south.

I will be in Kissimmee for Feb.

Thanks.
Laker44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2014, 05:57 PM   #2

This RV park is cramped because it was designed several decades ago, RV's are larger now-Gulf Air Resort, Ft. Myers, FL. There is a sister park about 1 mile away that is the same, except it has a workout room too. Across the street is a very very large RV park, just can't remember the name now. These are about 2 miles from the island/Ft. Myers Beach city.
There are 2 RV parks on the island, Red Coconut and ?? can't remember that name either, both are expensive > $800/month. If you love sand, sun and the beach those are the places to consider.
If you want a less expensive park, the KOA at Clewiston, on SW side on the lake, is small and clean. Good fishing there.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 06:03 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Keep the suggestions coming. I am looking for the same information.

Phil
aa9zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 06:13 PM   #4

If you can get out of Fla, I recommend Gulf Shores, Ala. We used to RV in Fla,and went thru every RV park in the Bradenton area, and maybe found 2 that we would return to.
BUT, we have now sold RV (Can still kick our butt for doing that.)

Al, Michigan.
Al, Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 06:14 PM   #5

Gulf Shores State Park, in Gulf Shores Ala.
Al, Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 06:22 PM   #6

Might try here. http://www.bonitalake.com/
We have been there a few times and always liked it. That being said, the streets are a bit narrow and the sites could be further apart. But the location is great.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:56 PM   #7

We spent about 6 weeks at Gulf Waters RV Resort in Fort Myers Beach. It was fantastic - a legitimate RV resort. The site we rented was landscaped exceptionally nice, paved, and fronted a pond with a water feature. We enjoyed the pool, hot tub, and other resort amenities.

The proximity to the beach, Edison Museum, Cape Coral, and Sanibel Island was very nice. About an 1 1/2 hour drive pit us in the National Everglades.
wsimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Hi,

Gulf State Park is all fulled up so that is not an option but there is a few nice campgrounds in New Port Richey. In fact one is a Passport America Park and the rates were good.

There is a new Campground in Orange Beach, AL called Sugar Sands and it is nice,

Enjoy your Winter!

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
St Joe State Park is highly recommended if you like isolation and beautiful surroundings right on the water.
jones47172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 03:58 PM   #10

Brand new park in Bonita Springs, made reservations 2 weeks ago. Had openings because so new. Hope it is nice.

http://www.sanctuaryrvresort.com

Rich
rkainsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 06:00 AM   #11

Sanctuary RV Resort is pretty pricey at $1200 per mo. Especially when you consider they don't offer WIFI or cable tv. You have to pay extra for it. And at that price I'd expect a fitness center. There's just too many nice RV resorts to choose from for me to consider staying there.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 06:21 AM   #12

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
Sanctuary RV Resort is pretty pricey at $1200 per mo. Especially when you consider they don't offer WIFI or cable tv. You have to pay extra for it. And at that price I'd expect a fitness center. There's just too many nice RV resorts to choose from for me to consider staying there.
It looks to me like they offer basic sat service (15 HD stations) for free. An upgrade costs extra. Same for basic Wi-Fi--free. Want an upgrade-extra.

And I would just note that 1200 a month it pretty close to the going rate in SW Fl. If you want the warmth, near the water, that's what you pay. The further north you go, the price goes down with the temp.
bigmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 04:40 AM   #13

Sanctuarys' web site specifically says...Wifi & sat. available for additional fee. I was just saying that at those prices it should be included in the rent. And I would expect a fitness center as so many others offer. Too many choices along the Gulf to settle for that.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 04:45 AM   #14

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
Sanctuarys' web site specifically says...Wifi & sat. available for additional fee. I was just saying that at those prices it should be included in the rent. And I would expect a fitness center as so many others offer. Too many choices along the Gulf to settle for that.

I don't even care--but this is from their website.

Satellite Service

HD Off air channels (15) are Free
Upgraded Satellite will be available for $35 monthly

Wifi

Basic wifi will be provided for free.
Wifi upgrade to business class is an additional fee
Daily $5 Weekly $20 Monthly $40
bigmichael is offline   Reply With Quote