Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2021, 08:18 AM   #1

Florida campgrounds

Anyone know of any campgrounds in florida that have hard wired internet? my wifes employer requires her to be hard wired with a land line?
outbackmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2021, 09:58 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackmac View Post
Anyone know of any campgrounds in florida that have hard wired internet? my wifes employer requires her to be hard wired with a land line?
Some guests get cable account, and then internet thru that, here in Miami Everglades Resort.

If your looking for phone line internet, I doubt anyone uses that anymore.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:20 AM   #3

Many parks that have Verizon/Frontier or Spectrum CATV service can have internet hard-wired; you have to be the CATV customer yourself. The park usually isn't the reseller, and it may be available only at a long-term lot.

If the park has wired phone service at the lots you may be able to get DSL "phone line service" but of course that's rather slow.

You'll need to ask the parks themselves.
Old 01-15-2021, 03:40 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Some guests get cable account, and then internet thru that, here in Miami Everglades Resort.

If your looking for phone line internet, I doubt anyone uses that anymore.
My phone company (at home) provides fiber optic internet connection to my house. Maybe you were referring to dial-up?
Old 01-15-2021, 04:24 PM   #5

I was at Naples RV Resort for an extended period and had hard wired internet thru the cable provider.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 06:12 AM   #6

At Bluewater Key, the park is serviced with fiber. In addition to wifi, each site has a CAT6 connection.
Old 01-16-2021, 06:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Good Luck finding a landline.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:20 AM   #8

florida

Ok maybe i worded this wrong. my wife works from home now, in order for her to work her employer requires her to be what i call hard wired in with a ethernet cable. how if any way can this be done while on the road?
outbackmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 08:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Ok maybe i worded this wrong. my wife works from home now, in order for her to work her employer requires her to be what i call hard wired in with a ethernet cable. how if any way can this be done while on the road?
I think the issue is wording. Does it really have to be "hard wired" or can it be secured? If the later, look into Verizon Mifi. That's what we use as I never hook up to anybody's internet connection as I want my own. It's secure and I can take it with me when I leave the rig with my laptop.

Not really sure on why she needs a landline vs cell but it is what it is.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:53 AM   #10

It might be possible to use a wired ethernet connection between the computer and a router, but that router is going to have to connect wirelessly, either via a cell network or a WiFi connection.

If they simply require a "hard wired connection" to the Internet, they don't understand what they are asking for or why. Is it bandwidth, security, connection reliability, or something else?

That said, if the powers that be require a hardwired connection regardless of rationale, then what you find while traveling will not satisfy them.
Rocinante440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 12:13 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
I think I understand . There are several companies that require a land connection , NO camp wifi and NO cellular. Spectrum cox Frontier etc only.I assume its a security issue with their IT dept.
The only places I've seen with any regularity are long term sites. 2-6 Months where the wire / Cable is at the post and you can contract with the local provider. This of course requires some length of time to make it pay out. There are some good suggestions in other posts but make sure you make it clear when you book what you need.
Are you planning on spending all your time in one park? Moving around , you will find no , or at least I haven't seen any short term cable connections.
When we first hit the road my DW was finishing up with a state contract and took the state hotspot with her for 6 months but the State was ok with hotspots. Without that we wouldn't have been able to travel.
BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 06:08 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
VIR in WPB has coax to each site (fiber to within 200’) and even in the evening usually 100+ megs. I just did the following test which was from my WiFi connection, you can Ethernet cable from your modem...hard wire for even slightly faster speeds and a secure connection.
Plenty of rental openings this winter because many Canadians are staying home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20FD5E39-CC93-4D3E-9386-E75FBA169042.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	314713   Click image for larger version

Name:	7301B5D1-B15A-411B-958A-C81B0E074BD8.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	314722  

Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 06:22 AM   #13

Quote:
The CAT6 connection I mentioned in my prior post is an "ethernet cable" plug into your router,pc or whatever.
Old 01-18-2021, 02:36 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Our home is in central Florida and we have Spectrum as a provider. They can do Internet, TV and Phone on the same wire. The wire goes to a cable box for TV and a modem for Internet. You can go from their modem directly to your computer by cable or to a WiFi router. I would think that any RV park using Spectrum could do a hard cable for you since it is already in their TV connection. How they bill you for it may be more the issue with them and Spectrum would have to provide the modem.
Laserchrome is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground, florida