Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2008, 12:54 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am looking for an overnight stay not far off of I-75 half way between I-10 and Tampa. We are traveling in a 38'MH with a tode. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2008, 12:54 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am looking for an overnight stay not far off of I-75 half way between I-10 and Tampa. We are traveling in a 38'MH with a tode. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:40 PM   #3

offshore, two parks we like and have stayed at several times. grand lake rv resort just north of ocala 2 to 3 mi. east i75 the other is blueberry hill at the bushnell exit less than 1 mi east of i75. hope this helps! both well maintained places. ps. grand lake has their own golf course if you play. jim
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:51 AM   #4
paz

We are at Blueberry Hill now. It's located only about an hour from Tampa (Exit 314 off I-75) so you probably want to be a little farther north than this. Blueberry Hill is pretty full for the rest of February, but they may have some openings here and there for a night or 2 at a time. Their number is 954-583-3900 if you want to check.

There is a Wal-Mart at this exit (right next to the campground) that frequently has several RVs in the parking lot, so that is another possibility if you are willing to do some "blacktop boondocking" for just one night if passing through.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:17 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There are three IRV2, NorEasters AT now. 14 miles south of Ocala at exit 341. Stop at site 59 should you get in the area.
ParTheCourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:18 PM   #6

Offshore

We have our MH at the Travlers CG now which is 20 miles north of Gainsville. It is right on I-75 at exit 399. They have spaces avail. Several food places around. I think its $30 a night with your FMCA card or $33 without. No credit cards allowed though. We tried Grand Lake and they were full, Better call them if you want to stay there. Grand Lake is severals miles off I=75. s/Toby
Old 02-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #7

Withlacooche State Forest is about 1 mile off of I-75 to the east on SR 50. Go 1 mile east and there is a traffic light. Turn left and it is about 4 miles to the Silver Lake camp area. Great area and great prices.

2005 Honda Element
bjbkkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:28 AM   #8

Are you looking for free or pay site to overnight?

Joe
full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote