Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2020, 11:42 AM   #1

Florida SP Reservations

My wife and I are looking for Florida State Parks to stay in NEXT winter. I've found the advice about getting online at 7:58 each morning, then click, click, click to try to snag an open site. Been at it now for around 3 weeks, and haven't been successful with any park south of Orlando. Just wondering if online is the best way to go, I've seen other advice that suggests calling Reserve America at 7:55, then when an operator comes on, ask for any site in "Park X".
I'm not lucky with the lottery either, just want to see what others do.
Dnoword is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2020, 12:08 PM   #2

Are you doing it exactly 11 month from the day you want to stay. Use the # of the month, not the dsy of the week.

If you want the 15 of December, try on the 15 of January at 7:59.

Both my wife and I opened the app on our smart phones and tried for different sites in the same park.

We got 2 weeks in Bahia Honda and then a week in Key Largo. Tried a few days for 2 more weeks in Bahia Honda but didn't get it.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:41 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm looking exactly 11 months ahead. I check the reservation page for the park, it shows 4 sites available, for instance, at 7:55. I click on the site that I'm interested in, and start trying to book at 7:59. The site replies something to the effect "you're too early, check back at 8:00 AM". I keep clicking, same message, then after a click, "there is no inventory for the requested date. check back tomorrow".
I probably need to enlist my wife to do the same thing to better our chances.
Thanks!
Old 02-14-2020, 07:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnoword View Post
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm looking exactly 11 months ahead. I check the reservation page for the park, it shows 4 sites available, for instance, at 7:55. I click on the site that I'm interested in, and start trying to book at 7:59. The site replies something to the effect "you're too early, check back at 8:00 AM". I keep clicking, same message, then after a click, "there is no inventory for the requested date. check back tomorrow".
I probably need to enlist my wife to do the same thing to better our chances.
Thanks!
That's exactly what happens to me most of the time.... every once in a while, I get a spot, but it's rare.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:06 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
have an atomic clock with a sweeping second hand, at 2 to 4 seconds before 8:00am click. I'd start with two seconds...you'll probably be late, 4 sec. will be early...so got to find the response time... I've had good luck with Jonathan Dickson and coller seminole sp...the keys is tough to get...i tried for 7 weeks... in closing good luck.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldeguy View Post
have an atomic clock with a sweeping second hand, at 2 to 4 seconds before 8:00am click. I'd start with two seconds...you'll probably be late, 4 sec. will be early...so got to find the response time... I've had good luck with Jonathan Dickson and coller seminole sp...the keys is tough to get...i tried for 7 weeks... in closing good luck.
That's kind of what I'm thinking. Looks like I'm doing the best that I can, will try to enlist the wife. Thanks!
Old 02-17-2020, 09:54 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I sent you a PM. Did you read it?
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:18 AM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
May I suggest doubling back to check again occasionally at the Parks you really want to get into? I, too, have heard that Florida State Parks sell out the minute they become available. But last January, I was able to reserve John Pennekamp for four nights in May, and we built our visit to the Keys around that. Cancellations do occur, and I'm sure that was the case here.

Keep at it and good luck!

Mary
4ina4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:26 AM   #9

I thought of, but haven't tried, booking 15 minutes after 8AM. That's when the time runs out to confirm and pay.

If both the wife and I made the 8AM booking, we would let one expire.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:12 PM   #10

If you're willing to stay at State Parks further north, you might have better luck. I live in the Panhandle and have only had to wear my jacket a couple of times this winter. We had the A/C on just last week.
SunViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:51 PM   #11

Welcome to the “Can’t get a reservation club “ I live in north Florida and have a hard time getting a camping spot . It is ridiculous trying to get a campsite. I get really aggravated some times, being a Born in Florida resident 68 yrs ago we should get a resident preference, but we don’t. It does help having a friend who is a campsite host.... Good Luck..
Florida Rang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida