Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2012, 08:00 AM   #57

Going for first time in 2 weeks... Taking 4 yo and 1 yo girls
I think I can, I think I can...
Jeff
La-Z-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #58

We'll be going back to the Fort on Friday the 9th......
Anyone going to be there ? We'll be in the 600 loop !
Raca-roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
HEATER's response to the contrary, I don't believe the free meal plans are available to Fort Wilderness campsite guests. If someone has actual experience to the contrary, I'd like to hear about it. Maybe for guests staying in the 'cabins', but not for those on campsites.

They are not free, but you can get the meal plan when camping at fort wilderness. You can also get your gate tickets for less after you stay five to seven days. We decided to stay longer and our gate tickets to the amusement parks were $8.00 to go back into the parks. Hope this helped. Just go to customer service desk and you can buy them for that price. If you go to the gate you will pay the high price at the gate.
Cartist.
Cartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #60

Taking your Pet to Fort Wilderness or any other park.

Not sure I am putting this in the right forum...
This Christmas we took our Grandson and Son with our five dogs and one cat to WDW. Three Afghan Hounds, two Chinese Cresteds and one cat which is my son's cat; we are watch while he is over seas stationed in Japan, he had already served four times in middle east. So now the cat is ours. The park was extremely nice but felt it was a bit pricier compared to staying in their value resort, I mean after all it's your own RV and their still making money off the campsite. But we still enjoyed the Holiday, the days were really nice, the nights were a bit chilli but not as cold this year as previous years when we took my Mother and Sister.

What I would like RV campers to read is what I am about to write in-regards to pet parks any and all pet parks.
Taking your pet is a big responsibility and it seems many people do not understand the pecking order of dogs, you must remember they run in packs, they are a pack animal, like the wolf. Their is also a pecking order alpha and beta.
My oldest female is an alpha bitch and very gentle we all call her Ms. Manners as she has a unique way of teaching not only humans but other dogs as well. For an Afghan she is very caring and sharing.
As always: before you let your pet out in a dog park please follow or know the rules of dogs.
Never allow your dog off the leash until the pack order is established. In other word aggressiveness towards your dog, or aggressiveness that your dog displays towards other dogs. Know how to read the signs before you open the gate, take the lead off and let your dog run in the park, most park dogs are very good nature and normally get along, but they can be like people, some never get along no matter what.
I hope that this reading will not be to long for some, but felt it was necessary information to all who camp with pets.
Now the scenario of what happened at Camp Wilderness on our visit at the dog park.
We brought all our dog to the Dog Play Park. Each and everyone of our dogs were kept on the leash until pack order was established. I was amazed at the many people who just let their dogs off the leash without establishing the order, which can end up in dog fighting.
Our first day was really good all the dogs got along and played with all the other dogs at the park with no problem.
The second day again we let our dogs establish pack order....everything went very well.
Than a women with three Brittney's came into the park, and right off unleashed all three, never checking to see if the dogs were going to get along with my dogs and other peoples dogs in the park. I turned to my husband and said, "This women had no idea what she is doing". and from that time on I knew their might be a problem. I believe she had two young dogs and one adult male. As we watched and were talking to some other dog owners...One huge dog fight irrupted. Chloe and the adult male was fighting. The women is yelling, " YOUR dog is killing my dog".
For a person to have three or more dogs and not understand dogs, is dangerous in this type of situation. I already knew what was going on in regards to the fighting. The male brittney was pestering my alpha female, and she was telling him to back off and leave her alone and he did not heed the signs. The skirmish was brought to a halt quickly. We understood the women's feelings, and tried to explain what happened, knowing how upset she was. I am hoping that she will go away with a better understanding of dog park rules.
At best her male had no blood,marks or wounds, it was only
a lashing from my female telling him to leave her alone and quite pestering her and the skirmish looked worse than what it really was.
The problem that the women should understand, that this could happen anywhere at any park, and it might have been worse, especially if it had been another alpha male. So please before you let your dog/s out; male or female and off the leash, please be sure that all the dogs come up and greet your dog, and be turned into the order of each dog threw their actions, such as aggressiveness or submissiveness,growling hair raised on back,tail waggling, be turned into your pet.
Cartist
Old 03-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #61

Wow that's a lot of information....
I don't think people realize the "pecking" order of dogs or have even heard of that before
But I think your expectations are too high. It's a dog park.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #62

Dog pack order

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauto5150 View Post
Wow that's a lot of information....
I don't think people realize the "pecking" order of dogs or have even heard of that before
But I think your expectations are too high. It's a dog park.
Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with the expectations . The problem is avoiding dog fights in dog parks. This is something that can happen, it doesn't mean that you have a mean dog, their like people some you get along with others you don't. It's a way of keeping your pet safe. People with pets sometimes do not realize the steps you should take when letting your dog go free from the leash with out socializing their pet first with other dogs in the park.
All dogs have pack order, Alpha and Beta.
Cartist
Old 03-13-2012, 06:00 AM   #63

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We have two mutts. One a Bernese Mountain mix, she is an Alpha. The other an English Shepherd, he would not bother anyone or any dog. We took them every day to the dog park at Disney when we were there and never had a problem. The only way either one would be the least bit mean is if one was attacked by another dog.

If your dog might attack another dog in a dog park for any reason, it should not be there.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:07 AM   #64

Mark and Nancy, this is the reason why I wrote the story. To help people understand that you never know what a dog/s will do in any situation, so to protect your dog know the signs before you let you dog off the leash. As I said, Chloe is very gentle and would not harm anyone, the women who let her brittneys off the leash with out checking to see if all the dogs got alone, her male was pestering female (and no she was not in season) and she let him know it was not ok. She was telling him to leave her alone, she had, had enough. The women seem oblivious to why her dog was getting a thrashing, although their was no blood etc. It was only a skirmish. I think that anyone that has a dog/s should always take precautions to keep their dogs safe. Which we did before she let all three of her dog's off the leash, female was getting along just fine with the other dogs in the park.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:24 AM   #65

Fleetwood Owners Club
Cartist, totally agree with you on this one. Most folks don't know that dogs have a pecking order. When we're at the Fort's Dog runs we do not let our dogs (shi tzu and Chiwauwau), off their leash until the meet and greets.

The Chi can be very agressive when she's sniffed and socialized as she's the alpha (I believe she thinks she's a doberman), and the Shi Tzu doesn't care about anything. If it doesn't look like it's going to work, we just leave and walk the dogs to avoid confrontations.
JOMARFL (FMCA 401058) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #66

Our reservation starts this Sunday 3/18 at FW... Can I pull in the overflow lot on saturday after midnight? Or should I stop sat eve n boondock somewhere?
If boondocking, could I get some suggestions any where from Jacksonville to Orlando?
Thanks, Jeff
La-Z-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOMARFL (FMCA 401058) View Post
Cartist, totally agree with you on this one. Most folks don't know that dogs have a pecking order. When we're at the Fort's Dog runs we do not let our dogs (shi tzu and Chiwauwau), off their leash until the meet and greets.

The Chi can be very agressive when she's sniffed and socialized as she's the alpha (I believe she thinks she's a doberman), and the Shi Tzu doesn't care about anything. If it doesn't look like it's going to work, we just leave and walk the dogs to avoid confrontations.
Thank You for your correspondence, I was beginning to think I was the only one who understood pack and pecking order of dogs. Yep, you should keep them on a leash before letting them loose in any dog park. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one..

Cartist
Old 03-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #68

Monaco Owners Club
We stay in Ft Wilderness 3-4 times a year. Took great grand daughter in Dec. She was 16 months old at the time. We have annual passes. The meal plan does not work out ror us. Will be back in April for flowers in Epcot. Going to Disney land in August. Wife is running Disney half marathon. Any one famaliar with Anaheim Resort RV park?
ivykrewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #69

I have never stayed at Anaheim RV Park but have stayed at Anaheim RV Village. It is a good park and is clean. The RV's are a little close to each other but the people are friendly and and their is grass around. It is as close to Disneyland and you can get and you can see the fireworks at night real well. That is where we stay when we go.

I have also stayed at Anaheim Harbor RV Park but do not recomend it because there is very little grass and just an asphalt lot and the asphalt sticks to your shoes and comes off on the floor in the motorhome.

None of them are Fort Wilderness, which we loved when we went there.
dagray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #70

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by La-Z-Boy View Post
Our reservation starts this Sunday 3/18 at FW... Can I pull in the overflow lot on saturday after midnight? Or should I stop sat eve n boondock somewhere?
If boondocking, could I get some suggestions any where from Jacksonville to Orlando?
Thanks, Jeff
You can't get into the overflow area without going through FW checkpoint. They have blocked off the entrance where you could go in unchecked. I would call and check. We were there the first week in March. We left our coach in the overflow while we went on a Disney Cruise.
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote